• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FACTORY RACE SLED

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Sorry for the driveway pics, but I just finished putting this sled together with the race platics last night. Most pics are side by side with the stocker so you can scrutinize and compare the two. We hung the mod from a digital scale early this winter and it weighed 536lbs with 4 gals of fuel. Speed cell battery and 3 gals of fuel have trimmed the race ready wet weight to 522lbs. We were hoping for closer to 510, but track screws and ISR legal clutch and brake guards penalize. HP numbers are 250-300+ depending on boost. Most race situations will dictate the 250-260 range for rideability, but dash for cash runs and LCQ drags will prompt us to turn 'em up.

The suspension systems on this sled are confidence inspiring and capable. The new geo front end is 10-12 lbs lighter than stock with improved durability. The Timbersled next gen rear skid is heavy duty race spec, and performs flawlessly while harnessing the boosted HP.

Again I apologize for being vague regarding many details, but we have to stay a little tight lipped on certain things.

100_2017.jpg 100_2020.jpg 100_2024.jpg 100_2026.jpg 100_2028.jpg 100_2018.jpg 100_2008.jpg

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Thanks for sharing! Is that the same $8000 "kit" (a-arms etc.) that the cross country guys are running, or is it specific for hill climbing?

EDIT - here is the blog where I saw the kit http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/category/competition_racing/

"The basics of the kit is comprised of essentially a complete front clip (A-arms, spindles, sway bars the whole enchilada). You also get a 128 inch track which requires relocation of the rear skid and a large capacity fuel tank. The end result yields a chassis with improved high speed ‘manners’, read into that what you will. Now I anticipate a few questions arising from this post so let me jump ahead a bit. No it is not going to be a production model in 2013. Is it planned to be a production model ever? … certainly not in its present form. Can I purchase one? Sure, the part number is SMA-XCRAC-KT-OO and the retail price is (you might want to sit down for a minute) US$ 8,284.00."

Last edited:
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
nice front end looks interesting, now if yammi would build that as there mountain sled they mite sell a couple:face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-hap

B

bacobits

Dec 9, 2007
Laramie, wyo.
Cable, good luck to you, Kody, and Kolten this weekend. Sure would be nice if the boys across the pacific would intergate some of that tech into a production sled.

Last year my son was part of a couple of hill crews and said you were a good guy to deal with. Heres to ya, that they wont meet you up close and personal till you,re at the bottom:thumb:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Yes, sad to lay out that much for a sled that is still 150#'s overweight. Even 400# dry is too much for an everyday rider, regardless of horsepower!:face-icon-small-sho

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Cable, good luck to you, Kody, and Kolten this weekend. Sure would be nice if the boys across the pacific would intergate some of that tech into a production sled.

Last year my son was part of a couple of hill crews and said you were a good guy to deal with. Heres to ya, that they wont meet you up close and personal till you,re at the bottom:thumb:

Where is the race this weekend? This was the weekend the Powderhorn race was supposed to run right?

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
The race is at Bear Lake, ID. This was supposed to be Powder Horn weekend, but the FS denied the permits and got it cancelled, so RMSHA pushed Bear Lake into this date.

To answer your first question,... this sled has the first version of the new front end. It's similar to the evolved cross country units, but not exactly the same. If I wreck this one beyond repair we will replace it with the same one used by the USCC guys.

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
Meh, just a Nytro with a different subframe & front end. I've seen the subframes and they are cool but we all know Yamaha will never put them into production. Buy an 08, drop some weight, add turbo, VE tunnel, good skid, and Skinz front end with good shocks and you've got pretty much the same sled.

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
Meh, just a Nytro with a different subframe & front end. I've seen the subframes and they are cool but we all know Yamaha will never put them into production. Buy an 08, drop some weight, add turbo, VE tunnel, good skid, and Skinz front end with good shocks and you've got pretty much the same sled.

Bitchy today?

F
Sep 22, 2009
A couple of you guys don't know your head from your a$$. I hillcimbed with williamson racing years ago, when it was me him and the zbroz crew and know what goes into these sleds, how about a little respect.

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
You mad bro? lmao

Sorry I'm not blown away since it's basically a Nytro with bolt-ons and a copied AC front end(subframe is nearly identical to a Rev nun). Congratulations, it's 2012 and they've managed to catch up to the Rev chassis that debuted in 2003.

Last edited:
S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado

Really. You know that much about this sled heh??? You probably ought to brush up on your Yammi knowledge and WHO is putting the sled together before you go and start embarrassing yourself.:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-ton.

Have a nice evening.

BTW. Cable good luck this weekend.:thumb::thumb:

Sam

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
SNWMBL,

Can you at least give props to yamaha for getting back into racing?

Seems a little too debbie downer of replies..

Someone get that man a Keystone light...:face-icon-small-ton

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
It's awesome they're getting back into racing. I would love nothing more than for them to transfer the race tech into production models as I'd like to purchase another Yamaha for 2014, but I'm not getting the hype over a new front end. They literally copied the Rev nun.

Really. You know that much about this sled heh??? You probably ought to brush up on your Yammi knowledge and WHO is putting the sled together before you go and start embarrassing yourself.
You're right, I don't know anything about Yamaha's, especially Nytros.

I
Nov 26, 2007
Really. You know that much about this sled heh??? You probably ought to brush up on your Yammi knowledge and WHO is putting the sled together before you go and start embarrassing yourself.:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-ton.

You probably ought to brush up on your info so you know WHO you're talking to before you go and start embarrassing yourself :face-icon-small-ton

Considering SNWMBL is one of two people in this thread who has held that sub frame in his hands I'd say he's knowledgeable.

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
You probably ought to brush up on your info so you know WHO you're talking to before you go and start embarrassing yourself :face-icon-small-ton

Considering SNWMBL is one of two people in this thread who has held that sub frame in his hands I'd say he's knowledgeable.

Not embarrassing myself at all. I do know those involved with this build. I am not coming on here belittling said build. Show a little respect. A lot of time and effort has gone into this build.

Sam

Premium Features