• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Yamaha Snowmobile Thursday Debut

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
It is time for Yamaha to cleanse thier snowmobile program altogther.
That means FIRE EVERYONE INVOLVED!!:eek:
Bring in some fresh faces and new ideas and get competitive again, or just quit and go away altogether! Fools!:rant:

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
It is time for Yamaha to cleanse thier snowmobile program altogther.
That means FIRE EVERYONE INVOLVED!!:eek:
Bring in some fresh faces and new ideas and get competitive again, or just quit and go away altogether! Fools!:rant:

Honestly I just don't see where yamaha is going with the snowmobiles. Even if it does have a turbo in there what good is it? You can already get a turbo from yamaha. O wait they cut 5lbs off the skis. Whooptie woo.

FYI i am not brand loyal. If yamaha came out with something that tickled my fancy I would buy it. So not hear to brand bash.

A
Nov 26, 2007
eugene, oregon
Maybe Yamaha sees the writing on the wall. Rising fuel costs, increased pressure from the greenies to eliminate ALL off road vehicles, faltering economies. Why bother with expensive retooling, plenty of aftermarket companies are addressing weight reduction and power improvement. Just a thought.

Why didn't Honda ever get into the snowmobile market? hmm.....

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
Yamaha is a pretty conservative company. They are slow to bring changes to their product line. Their 4 wheelers are the same way. I have 2 Grizzlys, and I keep waiting for something from Yamaha with more power or something to make me want to upgrade, but, nope, nothing new. They make excellent quality machines, no one will dispute that, but it is time for some innovation Yamaha! I would buy another Yamaha sled if they had something competitive in a mountain specific chassis, but they don't. In the mean time, I will continue to ride my Pro RMK and have a blast, as I hold my breath hoping that the motor doesn't go down or something.

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
Clickers?

Oh I so hope their new marvelous solution to clutching for elevation include clickers. I would like for nothing more than to listen to all my Yamaha buddies talk about their clickers all day long too.

On a serious note yamahajohnson220 I am taking my like back for this post, kidding of course. Yamaha seems to have gotten very good at blowing off their mountain market. I totally get the whole fit and finish and reliability thing but come on your badest mountain sled is not even competitive in the 600 class.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
looks like the new tracks the best thing on it

But you forgot about the 4 different carbide options on the skis!

Anyone ever seen the movie Office Space? Yamaha is the Milton of the snowmobile world. The people at the snowmobile expo in West Yellowstone are going to move them down to the basement with all the janitorial supplies.

mountain man

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Craigmont, ID
Yamaha

Guys don't be so hard on them, March 2nd isn't here yet, maybe they will be releasing something then! We all can hope. Everyone is just excitied about the way polaris is introducing their new sled. In my opionion it was a smart move but ski-doo and yamaha's release dates aren't for a couple more weeks yet, then if nothing new has been introduced we can all start bashing and finger pointing. I will agree Yamaha needs to change how they do things to apease the mountain market, but that being said Yamaha has never been a front runner in the mountain market and their bread and butter is in the eastern flatlander market. It makes since to me that they are going to hype up that end of their industry before they comitt to the us mountain riders. Besides their is another couple of months of good riding ahead of us so lets ride what we got and have fun now and worry about buying a new sled and having next year this summer.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Not a big surprise, It would cost them a fortune to tool up and build an ultra lightweight 4 stroke mountain sled in the 400's (pounds) to compete with polaris. Not worth the huge investment for the small return they would recieve in the mountain segment. Clearly yamaha's target market is trail/crossover sleds. They can't be beat for their reliability and longevity in that segment.

Last edited:
T
Dec 7, 2010
The Yamaha "big picture" is so much larger than snowmobiles. How many engineers do you think they have? How many segments are more lucrative than the sled market? Unfortunately, the sled market (mountain) does need a "re-invention" by Yamaha but the emerging markets are highjacking their priorities.
The Nytro is still an awesome platform. Just put it on a diet and buy it a gym membership (chop lbs and turbo).

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Just remember this XTX is probably a high selling sled for Yamaha. I don't know but March 2 is a long time to wait to see if they have something new. You would think they would want a piece of the pie and release thier lineup earlier.
Hopefully a 4 cyl is in their lineup in the mountain sled with some cool weight loss items.

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
The Yamaha "big picture" is so much larger than snowmobiles. How many engineers do you think they have? How many segments are more lucrative than the sled market?

Very true they have pianos and xylophones to think about too.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Put a fork in them they are done in the mts. When the mm700 went away they quit making a good sled I still have one. I bought it in 99 took it home and put 10000$ in it and kicked but on any any na sled built love the triple. I switched to doo in 03 but still a yammy fan. The e-tec tech has realy hurt yam they had the tech to build a 2 stroke but didnt look at outboards e-tec is gaining market share fast it might make them develope a two-stroke we can only hope.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I would have to agree with Paulharris on this one. I think Yamaha is putting their effort in the market that will have the highest return on their investment. The 4-strokes will never be on the same level as the 2-strokes in the mountains. With the ever shrinking areas we can ride off-trail these days, the crossover market is a key market.

However With AC coming out with there 4-stroke on their new platform it will be interesting to see if Yamaha will bring something to the table. I am guessing they won't be doing much this year with the MTX. They will wait to see what type of impact the new AC 4-stroke will have on their sales before changing the Nytro MTX. This year i am guessing color scheme skies and not much else for the MTX.

Last edited:

Clarkee

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2012
Saskachewan
Mind Games

Yamaha mind games boys!! Unveil a "who gives a crap" sled now and show us a juggernaut in March LOL....Cheers for hoping. Ive been wrong before...but only once! haha

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Don't hold your breath. Wasn't overly excited to see whats new cuz it wasn't gOing to happen and Was right. Not that I was going to build another one just would be nice to see Yammi be part of some exciting news. Get the kid a pro ride and get to listen to that douche fredw cry some more

Premium Features