• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to afr gauge- need #'s for twisted Extreme

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
yes last year I ran a 09 m8 sp 153 WITH A BOONIE RG/PG 2860 GARRETT

My Twisted is running more consistently than the boonie big bore, better throttle response., less tinkering. my 901 153" wanted to flip over backwards when I was climbing Steep stuff, 162 is much better, both skids are stock except for the GEO mod, My 901 had a low end bog below 4500 rpm I couldn't get tuned out. plus the 901 egt's were at 1300-1350 WOT, which always spooked me. but Boonie would tell me that was normal.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I think you are running way more 100ll than you need, I was running 1-2gal of 100ll with the rest 91 at 9000ft. No reason you need more than 50/50 for 9lbs and the throttle response will wake up.

BTW, My kit was pretty much the same, put in MDS weights and gained 9mph track speed on 6lbs at 10000ft, around 12lbs it was in the 80mph range, at elevation.

Then a kmod and you will never look back.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I'm running straight avgas- no mix

race gas extreme kit- dual injector, I thought you were running a pump gas setup wyoboy

Last edited:

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
my bad, I thought you advertised it as a pump gas kit

how do you like the new one, lots of contraversary on the pro these days, my peeps are running new pro rmk's I hand them there azzes on my 09 Twisted m8, they spent way more than me

I
Sep 19, 2005
harlem montana
how do you like the new one, lots of contraversary on the pro these days, my peeps are running new pro rmk's I hand them there azzes on my 09 Twisted m8, they spent way more than me

Should probably watch what you say, let's hit the trees and see how you do. The chance of you needing towed out=100%!!!!!!

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
ha ha

that's my little brother he has a 2012 Pro, He's flippin me crap, he had 2 tow my turbo off the MTN. last year when my stator went out, he's trying to say he thinks my turbo isn't reliable, but I'm willing to ride trees all day long, I bounced off one just the other day, broke my new goggles.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Yaaay! just finished installing the KMOD!!!!!!

I went to Kevin's shop this summer and he schooled me on the Kmod and I pulled the Trigger. I think the new 2013 quick Adjust Coupling block is awesome.
I can't wait for the Snow to fly so that we can Ride. YeeHAA.

D
Nov 6, 2012
just curious.you guys all say the 8s run lean on the trail. y cant u add fuel on att box for the midrange? i ordered a cpc stage one for my 2010 m8 and am very new to this. thanks jeremy

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
ditto I bump my green up to like 2.5 or 3.0 for lower terrain

on the trail ride up the mtn and then after I gain some elevation, I adjust the fuel back down to like 1.5 green, also on the attitude box you need to shut off sled so that it can re calibrate about every 1000 feet or so.

D
Nov 6, 2012
Y do u need to shut sled off and let it recalibrate? Like when it recals does it automatically turn all the fuels down for the higher elevation?

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
the box needs to be recalibrated by turning it off

then restart . I guess the box doesn't read the elevation continously. just during start. when the box lights go back and forth

Last edited:
I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
I'm getting ready to take my 2010 Twisted M8 out for the first time. This thread has been my bible. Can someone explain g/b to me. It's fuel added while on boost correct? If so wouldn't your numbers increase after dropping elevation? I ask because J Almont's g/b actually drops with elevation. What am I missing?

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
green/blue

green/Blue Mode:
The Green blue mode is your Amount of fuel per PSI of boost. While riding your sled this mode is active any time the Blue LED is displaying on light number 8. The mode will disable the yellow and green mode while it is active. This mode allows the Red mode to function with it. Lowering the light setting will add less fuel. Raising the light setting will add more fuel. This mode is best to dial in your WOT AFR. Than fine tune it with your red mode. For example say Green blue mode adds 10% fuel per light setting. And the red mode adds 1% of fuel per light setting. So during at WOT pull if your AFR was 13, you would want to raise the light to get a richer condition, Which will lower your AFR reading. Target AFR is 12.5 while Green blue mode is active.

B
Dec 2, 2001
Billings, MT
I would ask Shain what your light controls because on my Twisted kit I got from him this fall its different Blue/Red is boost fuel. Blue/Green controls the switch point of green. This is on his Proclimb M8 kit might be different so I would call Shain.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
green/Blue Mode:
The Green blue mode is your Amount of fuel per PSI of boost. While riding your sled this mode is active any time the Blue LED is displaying on light number 8. The mode will disable the yellow and green mode while it is active. This mode allows the Red mode to function with it. Lowering the light setting will add less fuel. Raising the light setting will add more fuel. This mode is best to dial in your WOT AFR. Than fine tune it with your red mode. For example say Green blue mode adds 10% fuel per light setting. And the red mode adds 1% of fuel per light setting. So during at WOT pull if your AFR was 13, you would want to raise the light to get a richer condition, Which will lower your AFR reading. Target AFR is 12.5 while Green blue mode is active.

"The Green blue mode is your Amount of fuel per PSI of boost."

So this is why as as boost goes up less g/b is needed and as you turn down the boost more is required. Since boost is up, fuel pressure is up and g/b is more more effective???

If your riding at 10,000 ft and your sled is set up perfect making 8 lbs of boost. Then you drop down to 6000ft without touching a thing what is you boost gauge going the read there? Still 8lbs or higher? Is this why less g/b is required at lower elevations?

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
I would ask Shain what your light controls because on my Twisted kit I got from him this fall its different Blue/Red is boost fuel. Blue/Green controls the switch point of green. This is on his Proclimb M8 kit might be different so I would call Shain.

Pretty sure my boost fuel is g/b. It's a 2010. I think it's strange he would change that.

Premium Features