• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ANYONE USING BOONDOCKER 3D TUNNING BOX FOR TM1000

M

M1000Mod162

Nov 23, 2009
Colorado
Curious if anyone is using this on there t1000 yet im having a little trouble with a bog at like 5100-6000 ish kinda where its coming on to boost and also when coming off boost and immidetly back on its boogy it seems pretty close on top runs good right with my brothers ovs 1200 but ive done all the tuning myself because boondocker has done No testing on the 1000 with this new tuning they say it will work much better then the old style with much more adjustability which it seems to I just cant seem to get this bog out yet! The snow is horrible and hard which makes it hard to tune because it just spins out like crazy and snow is to low in the trees where its actually kinda soft but there is logs,stumps,rocks ect so boosting it in the trees is kinda out i dont wanna f*** my sled up. Anyway hopin someone has it working and could maybe share some numbers with me or give me some advice. this is my first turbo so im a little green but trying the power is awesome!
THANKS FOR ANY THOUGHTS OR INPUT
RYAN

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
What is this "3D" tuning supposed to do?

If they want to do something to truly improve boost control how about a servo-actuated waste gate so it actually functions like a real pressure control valve?

M

M1000Mod162

Nov 23, 2009
Colorado
3d tuning is new

They just came out with 3d tuning it ties into the throttle position sensor (tps) it has Psi Lo mid hi settings for 4500,5100,5900,6700,7500,8200 along with a off boost Lo mid hi in the extras screen that is adjustable with a beginning rpm and a finish rpm. Does anyone else have tunning like this on m1000 turbo

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
They just came out with 3d tuning it ties into the throttle position sensor (tps) it has Psi Lo mid hi settings for 4500,5100,5900,6700,7500,8200 along with a off boost Lo mid hi in the extras screen that is adjustable with a beginning rpm and a finish rpm. Does anyone else have tunning like this on m1000 turbo

So the only difference is this, directly, takes a reading from the TPS sensor to determine Lo Mid and Hi as opposed to determining it off of the calculated Dcy output (duty cycle) it currently does?

What is the advantage other than its a direct measurement of TPS instead of basing that off a calculated numbeR?

P

prairiepowderhead

Sep 1, 2008
Prairie
EXACTLY

So the only difference is this, directly, takes a reading from the TPS sensor to determine Lo Mid and Hi as opposed to determining it off of the calculated Dcy output (duty cycle) it currently does?

What is the advantage other than its a direct measurement of TPS instead of basing that off a calculated numbeR?

This has been my issue with this 3D tuning, I dont feel like it actually refers to the duty cycle any more, so at a certain throttle posistion , which could be half throttle but a hard climb, it is actually going to under fuel your motor, because the TPS tells it your only at half throttle. This meens you are getting the same amount of fuel at half throttle going up hill and down hill. Scares me a little, I cant cuss it yet, I havnt tryed it yet, but I will run my turbo on an Attitude box another year.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I guess I just don't see where its going to make a hell of a lot of difference, the turbo response so much slower (adding boost then bleeding boost) that any increase in precision in fueling based on either TPS position and/or DCy is meangingless because the boost pressure change that much more slowly *shrug*

If they really wanted to improve turbo performance, come up with a servo-actuated waste gate that would precisely control boost at any engine load instead of just an open/shut system like it is right now.

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
I have it. Turn your RPM ON in the extra menu. Then go back to the Extra menu while on fuel push the up button that will bring you to a LO MD HI screen. Remember the numbers so if it gets worse you can change them back and try taking fuel away from your low. I believe it is set at: LO:10 MD:0 HI:-5. these are your off boost numbers. I hope this helps be safe.

V

vigorcs90

Dec 2, 2007
I am trying to tune my MT1200. Boondockers doesn't have any starting numbers. Could you share your 1000 numers as a starting point?

V

vigorcs90

Dec 2, 2007
I am trying to tune my MT1200. Boondockers doesn't have any starting numbers. Could you share your 1000 numers as a starting point?

M

M1000Mod162

Nov 23, 2009
Colorado
I'll post mine when I get to the sled! Mine is running pretty god other then trying to get out of boost and then trying to get back in it, it bogs not like before but still a problem maybe someone will notice something in my numbers i could change to help it!

V

vigorcs90

Dec 2, 2007
Are you using 3d tuning? Is the box say 800 on start up screen?

On start up there is just a version number. Never really looked at it. Something went wrong when Boondockers programmed it. Every number and setting was maxed out at 127. I have a combination of m800 and m1000 settings right now. So I am starting from scratch right now.

M

M1000Mod162

Nov 23, 2009
Colorado
That's where I started when I first got the box I thought they f**cked up but they assure me this new programing is the ticket but they haven't done any testing so I started with 800 pre set numbers so after countless hours of tunning I've arrived with numbers I have its pretty close for the 1000 I think but who knows until I get this bog out when I come off boost!

this is what i have
8#boost reg all the way out
Fp 46 rising to 54-55ish
pre boost -6 -4 0
4500PSi 0 0 2
5100PSI 10 12 4
5700PSI 19 22 19
6700PSI 19 23 22
7500PSI 20 26 37
8200PSI 19 24 37

Talked with BD today and Junior told me to lower my 6700 and 7500 lo numbers to something closer to 0 and that should take care of the off boost bog! Only thing i dont get
is if i give it 1/4 throttle it will build boost and rev right into the 6800-7400 rpm range so seems like it needs the fuel in lo settings of 6700-7500. I havent tried zero on the lo's yet but i have went prolly seven eight clicks in both directions and it seems to like it at about 20 so i dont know! Right know throttle is crisp all the way through no bogs in the throttle range until i try to let off completly to 0% throttle and get back in it within 2 secs then it bogs out pretty bad usually in the 5000-6000ish range when bogging. If i feather the throttle a bunch when cooming off boost i can get through it now but still sucks! CANNOT CHOP THE THROTTLE IN A HILL CLIMB OR A SIDEHILL! HUGE PROBLEM FOR ME I SPEND 90% OF MY DAY WITH ONE SKI OR BOTH IN THE AIR SIDEHILLING AND CLIMBING THROUGH THE TIGHT TREE SIDE MOANTAINS! I rarely hold throttle open for more the 10 secs at a time! Picking my way from line to line trying to pick a way to top! It works fine on open hills with no obsticals where you can simply hold it to the bars untill you get to the top! But to me thats almost as gay as the trail! Im sure i will love this thing if i ever get this resolved but right know im ready to go back to N/A just for ridability! Power is insane just flat stomps my dads VOLK built M8 turbo at 8.5#in a hillclimb race or powder lake race! But that 800 runs perfect and is so much more fun right now anyway! Any help is much apprciated you guys rock!
Thanks
Ryan

Last edited:
M

M1000Mod162

Nov 23, 2009
Colorado
I can't wait, thank you very much.

Im not sure what fuel pressure your running but keep in mind im much higher then most run i think! So my numbers would prolly be lean if you were at 40 at idle! Plus im pretty sure the 1200 prolly burns a little more fuel my brothers 1200ovs burns alot more fuel then myn does at the end of the day! Might try the hi psi numbers a little higher just to be safe then maybe try and lean down if its to rich!

V

vigorcs90

Dec 2, 2007
That's where I started when I first got the box I thought they f**cked up but they assure me this new programing is the ticket but they haven't done any testing so I started with 800 pre set numbers so after countless hours of tunning I've arrived with numbers I have its pretty close for the 1000 I think but who knows until I get this bog out when I come off boost!

this is what i have
8#boost reg all the way out
Fp 46 rising to 54-55ish
pre boost -6 -4 0
4500PSi 0 0 2
5100PSI 10 12 4
5700PSI 19 22 19
6700PSI 19 23 22
7500PSI 20 26 37
8200PSI 19 24 37

Talked with BD today and Junior told me to lower my 6700 and 7500 lo numbers to something closer to 0 and that should take care of the off boost bog! Only thing i dont get
is if i give it 1/4 throttle it will build boost and rev right into the 6800-7400 rpm range so seems like it needs the fuel in lo settings of 6700-7500. I havent tried zero on the lo's yet but i have went prolly seven eight clicks in both directions and it seems to like it at about 20 so i dont know! Right know throttle is crisp all the way through no bogs in the throttle range until i try to let off completly to 0% throttle and get back in it within 2 secs then it bogs out pretty bad usually in the 5000-6000ish range when bogging. If i feather the throttle a bunch when cooming off boost i can get through it now but still sucks! CANNOT CHOP THE THROTTLE IN A HILL CLIMB OR A SIDEHILL! HUGE PROBLEM FOR ME I SPEND 90% OF MY DAY WITH ONE SKI OR BOTH IN THE AIR SIDEHILLING AND CLIMBING THROUGH THE TIGHT TREE SIDE MOANTAINS! I rarely hold throttle open for more the 10 secs at a time! Picking my way from line to line trying to pick a way to top! It works fine on open hills with no obsticals where you can simply hold it to the bars untill you get to the top! But to me thats almost as gay as the trail! Im sure i will love this thing if i ever get this resolved but right know im ready to go back to N/A just for ridability! Power is insane just flat stomps my dads VOLK built M8 turbo at 8.5#in a hillclimb race or powder lake race! But that 800 runs perfect and is so much more fun right now anyway! Any help is much apprciated you guys rock!
Thanks
Ryan

Could you post what your settings for A, B, C, D, E, OS and CR along with the ACEL AF DR SN and DCEL DF DR SN #'s

Thanks
Gil

V

vigorcs90

Dec 2, 2007
and your right I am running 42 lbs of fuel pressure at and idle. Might have to bumb them up to match yours.

M

M1000Mod162

Nov 23, 2009
Colorado
Could you post what your settings for A, B, C, D, E, OS and CR along with the ACEL AF DR SN and DCEL DF DR SN #'s

Thanks
Gil
Boondocker adviced me not to touch these A-E numbers So thats what came in box which is for m8 if im correct!They told me 1000 and 800 were same. They wouldnt tell me what they were for really! Does anyone know what they do?
A 0
B 0
C 5
D 9
E 2
Os 40
Cr 29 cr is the only one i have changed it was originally set at 21(Which helped my off boost problem alot)

ACEL AF 0 DR 0 SN 8 Sometimes it likes -1 on AF
DEEL AF 0 DR 0 SN 8

Last edited:
Premium Features