• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I'm not a push turbo guy- but very cool

M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
my question for push turbo is with the TB before the compressor and the injectors wired into the TPS to fire at different positions what is to keep the motor from a lean burn down when the compresor is still forcing this 4 to 5 PSI of pressure in to a motor that is not receiving any more fuel than whats needed for idle situations, does the new ECU compensate for this as where the old TB were stopping the air from entering the engine? other than that question I think this new kit might just cost me to add some things to the honey do list for another sled and turbo set up

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
The hold up on the ECU was the engine reverse. But Brani was supposed to have that straightened out and he was on his way state side.

They did have the PG set up on the dyno running off a PC5 and it worked very well. Instant response. At 3900, just before engagement it was building 2 psi and by the time you hit 5000 rpm it was already at 5psi. Tuning numbers were very similar to a conventional turbo system just a bit more fuel needed on the bottom end. It was very stable and consistent and no unseen tuning issues.

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
I got to see his setup at the SLC snow show yesterday. Ken was kind enough to visit with me for the better part of an hour, about many of the aspects of his kit and it's expandability.

It was a very nicely done kit. He obviously puts a lot of thought into his stuff. I am interested to see how his ideas pan out. He has taken on a huge departure from the norm, it will be a very interesting year indeed.

A

ArcticJunkie

Mar 16, 2009
Nashwauk, MN
The hold up on the ECU was the engine reverse. But Brani was supposed to have that straightened out and he was on his way state side.

They did have the PG set up on the dyno running off a PC5 and it worked very well. Instant response. At 3900, just before engagement it was building 2 psi and by the time you hit 5000 rpm it was already at 5psi. Tuning numbers were very similar to a conventional turbo system just a bit more fuel needed on the bottom end. It was very stable and consistent and no unseen tuning issues.

What did they say the TBBT was putting out for hp compared to the old kit? Would it still make about the same peak hp with the PC5 but it should make it sooner? But with Brani's ecu and being able to change the timing it should put out more power throughout the whole range? I hope that he gets it figured out so people can get some time on them they sound pretty sweet and it would be one less thing in a kit to go wrong.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
This is a track dyno so not sure on how it compares to a motor dyno. He said it did 215 at 6 psi on pump gas. This was not the tail setup it was the bottom end kit with the cheapy turbo.

A

ArcticJunkie

Mar 16, 2009
Nashwauk, MN
Its going to be pretty sweet to see what Brani's ecu will do on the same sled, same place with being able to control the timing. I wonder if he has put one of OVS timing modual on the dyno yet?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
my question for push turbo is with the TB before the compressor and the injectors wired into the TPS to fire at different positions what is to keep the motor from a lean burn down when the compresor is still forcing this 4 to 5 PSI of pressure in to a motor that is not receiving any more fuel than whats needed for idle situations, does the new ECU compensate for this as where the old TB were stopping the air from entering the engine? other than that question I think this new kit might just cost me to add some things to the honey do list for another sled and turbo set up

If the TB is closed there is no airflow, the boost will not stay up. When you open the TB again the comp. is still spinning and able to build boost faster, in theory.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
This is a track dyno so not sure on how it compares to a motor dyno. He said it did 215 at 6 psi on pump gas. This was not the tail setup it was the bottom end kit with the cheapy turbo.
215 hp at the track at 6 lbs .......someone is full of it!!!parasitic powertrain loss on a sled is basicaly 20% so that mean 255 hp at the crank:faint: NO WAY....(not a six lbs on pump) even the best tuner in the world , f1 engineer can't achieve those numbers, on top of that an inertia dyno is so not accurate.......

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
215 hp at the track at 6 lbs .......someone is full of it!!!parasitic powertrain loss on a sled is basicaly 20% so that mean 255 hp at the crank:faint: NO WAY....(not a six lbs on pump) even the best tuner in the world , f1 engineer can't achieve those numbers, on top of that an inertia dyno is so not accurate.......

Not sure but they could be converting it back to engine HP just with a set power loss equation. I assumed when he said corrected he meant for alt but maybe it was corrected to crank. (kind of hard to guess at exact loss though)

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Someones math is WWAAYY off. Saw the setup at the stoon show. Probably the nicest looking most well thought out system ive seen. Cant wait to hear a onsnow report.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I saw it today as well and it look very clean, great finish and a quality look. Charge tube was a little smaller then what I was expecting but the rest looked great. We have two ordered up so I guess well find out how they run soon enough.

Premium Features