• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW Nytro Front End Suspension by SKINZ

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
What about spindles are you using a billet spindle ?? Looks like your using stockers??

Ive gone through 2 sets of stock spindles and now have a westcoast front end with billet spindles which are holding up well..

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
how did you go through stock spindles ? what wears out ? i have 10000 km on my stocker and dropped the sled off a 40 ft clif right onto one spindle this winter and they seem fine :face-icon-small-sho

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Did you get a chance to measure the c2c distance? 39"?

The center to center distance is 39" and it does use the OEM spindles.

Some other features of note are:

Fully constructed of 4130 Chromoly tubing.

Geometry change moves the skis forward 4.5" and has 24.7 degrees of caster. This is a similar set up to a Pro RMK.

When being test ridden at the Dan Adams NLRC, Mr. Adams commented to Skinz that he had never seen a Nytro before that was able to do what these sleds were doing.

The kit uses OEM pivot bushings ( some people have asked about oilite bushings, and while the kit does not come with them, you can order them through Allen Ulmer at Ulmer Racing if you wish )

OFT Racing has been able to upgrade the OEM Float 2's, as well as the coil over Exit shocks from Zbroz with spherical busings on the top and bottom eyelets of the shocks. We have installed the shocks and tested them through the full travel of the suspension.

We have production set #1 installed on my 2010 MTX and back in the OFT shop and will get some more pics posted later.

So, what color does everyone want?

:high5:
Scott

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Here you go:

DSC01101.jpg

DSC01083.jpg

DSC01085.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
how did you go through stock spindles ? what wears out ? i have 10000 km on my stocker and dropped the sled off a 40 ft clif right onto one spindle this winter and they seem fine :face-icon-small-sho

I have managed to break them, hit a tree on my 09 and a boulder on my 10. I also have bent subframes on both sleds. I TRY TO BE CAREFUL......

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OFT Racing has been able to upgrade the OEM Float 2's, as well as the coil over Exit shocks from Zbroz with spherical busings on the top and bottom eyelets of the shocks.
That would certainly be the most economical route to go.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Hopefully several of us will be in that same situation this summer!:face-icon-small-hap
Lightly used? Why not used up? I know mine aren't straight... any of them... ha ha

That would certainly be the most economical route to go.
don't let that stop you!

Skins guys, are you going to be selling the spare parts? single a-arms and the like? Looks like almost 200 bucks an arm maybe?

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Geez Ruff, ya got 'em tore up before you install them? :face-icon-small-sho
Sometimes the only tools around are a hammer... and a bigger one!

Nah, the stockers are beat pretty good. Hitting lots of things, rocks, stumps, other sleds...

As to the parts for the skins front end, just thinking ahead, as sometimes things happen, and if you can't get parts for the front end, or they are really expensive, then it can be a problem going that route.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Lightly used? Why not used up? I know mine aren't straight... any of them... ha ha

don't let that stop you!

Skins guys, are you going to be selling the spare parts? single a-arms and the like? Looks like almost 200 bucks an arm maybe?

I will be.
I should have several pieces of good clean gear to dispose of this summer

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
OFT Racing is very excited about our involvement in the development of the all new...

SPG "Concept" front suspension.​

We have been assisting Skinz since January of this year to bring you the best innovation in Nytro enhancements since the OFT Racing Relocator!​

We are announcing the opportunity for our customers to pre-order this kit for a small down-payment no later than Monday of next week.

We will offer the kits in Silk-Satin Flat Black, and Super Chrome powdercoats as standard colors, but they can be ordered in other colors that we stock for a minimal up charge of 25.00 extra. (additional colors to be listed when the pre-orders go live- and yes Christopher... there will be bloo)

These kits will include everything needed for a complete installation. This includes the new steering rods, upper & lower A-arms, upper & lower heim joints, a-arm bushings, hardware, etc...

Shock retrofitting may be necessary

As you may know, for the time being, these kits will only be offered for use with your existing Fox or Exit shocks, or with your choice of Fox shocks purchased with the kit. If you wish to use your existing Fox or Exit shocks, they will most likely require retrofitting to work with ths kit. OFT Racing will be offering the retrofit service on Fox and Exit shocks for a small additional up charge that includes return shipping. (These charges will also be listed when the kit goes live on our site.)

All OFT Racing pre-orders will receive a substantial retrofitting discount as well!

Please stay tuned for opening day!

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Which raises an interesting point for me.

Do I try to recycle the Float shocks that came with my SE or do I pony up the BIG BUCKS for a brand new pair of shocks???

once you have riden a really good triple rate coilover you wont like the floats the prob i find with the floats is they always change just when you think man i got them perfect.any big changes in altitude or air temp will affect them pressure wise.the float evol x is a nice shock but i think they are about 1200$ i will take the exit xo1 for 1050$ very nice shock axis makes nice shocks too if i had a choice i would get elkas but i dont think they are doing much snow shocks.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
OFT Racing is very excited about our involvement in the development of the all new...

SPG "Concept" front suspension.​

We have been assisting Skinz since January of this year to bring you the best innovation in Nytro enhancements since the OFT Racing Relocator!​

We are announcing the opportunity for our customers to pre-order this kit for a small down-payment no later than Monday of next week.

We will offer the kits in Silk-Satin Flat Black, and Super Chrome powdercoats as standard colors, but they can be ordered in other colors that we stock for a minimal up charge of 25.00 extra. (additional colors to be listed when the pre-orders go live- and yes Christopher... there will be bloo)

These kits will include everything needed for a complete installation. This includes the new steering rods, upper & lower A-arms, upper & lower heim joints, a-arm bushings, hardware, etc...

Shock retrofitting may be necessary

As you may know, for the time being, these kits will only be offered for use with your existing Fox or Exit shocks, or with your choice of Fox shocks purchased with the kit. If you wish to use your existing Fox or Exit shocks, they will most likely require retrofitting to work with ths kit. OFT Racing will be offering the retrofit service on Fox and Exit shocks for a small additional up charge that includes return shipping. (These charges will also be listed when the kit goes live on our site.)

All OFT Racing pre-orders will receive a substantial retrofitting discount as well!

Please stay tuned for opening day!

whats the cost of altering the exit shocks i will probly just order from you since i have bought a bunch of stuff from you befor:thumb:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Another couple weeks worth of riding and I will probably strip off my shocks and send them in for an upgrade and refit.

While I would love to fork out the $$$ and get all new, reality is, I will probably just have to make due with what I have.

Premium Features