• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cutler vs Boondocker

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Trying to decide between a Boondocker Pump gas kit or a Cutler Stage 2 pump kit. Im leaning towards boondocker. Opinions?

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Ive rode with several pump gas kits from boondockers the last few years and I think hands down in the pump gas department they have the top of the line product. The guys I ride with put a couple thousand miles on last year and I never saw them even lift the hood once. The numbers in the box were spot on and the clutching was perfect. I am in the process of getting a boondocker kit myself now and Jared was incredibly helpful yesterday with getting me setup. For higher boost applications cutler or twisted may have more potential but if you truly want a pull and go pump gas setup boondockers is the way to go. I rode with a guy on a boondockers kit and one on a cutlers kit the same day last year on a 3-4 feet of fluff day and the cutler guy was having a hard time keeping his sled from bogging from the exhaust plugging where as the boondocker wasn't missing a beat. Tunnel dump exhuast is a fantastic idea for all sleds and especially turbos. The difference I saw that day definitely sold me completely on it.

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
boondockers

I have boondockers race gas kit and it is great ,also boondockers customer service will do anything they can to help no complaints

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
I've been looking at both these kits as well, they seem to be similar except the cutlers has the cold air kit? the boondockers pump kit is $4,600 , the cutlers stage 2 kit is $5,299, I'm leaning toward the boondockers kit mainly because I think they have the better oil tank, and exhaust tunnel dump my 02 cents

J

Jeff K

Jan 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
I don't have any experience with the BD kits, but I am VERY happy with my Cutler stage 2 kit. It ran flawlessly all last year at 9psi on AV gas. Like mentioned above, support is a big consideration, and I can't say enough about the support from Cutler. Anytime I called I talked to Dale himself and got all the answers I needed.

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
I don't have any experience with the BD kits, but I am VERY happy with my Cutler stage 2 kit. It ran flawlessly all last year at 9psi on AV gas. Like mentioned above, support is a big consideration, and I can't say enough about the support from Cutler. Anytime I called I talked to Dale himself and got all the answers I needed.

How were your charge air temps at 9psi? didn't run run out of injector?
Thanks for posting

J

Jeff K

Jan 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
Don't have a charge air temp measurement, but I did feel the charge air pipe after some long pulls and it didn't seem too bad. My injectors are maxed out a 10psi for long pulls.

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
I stand corrected the cutlers kit also comes with boost T, upgraded in tank fuel pump, and some guages, with the cold air intake like mentioned previously, so it's a good kit for the money.

Still a learning curve for me

Last edited:

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
New Kit

Not to stir the pot but the new push we are installing with Clutching vents and EGT or O2 for 4500 tuned and ready to ride and you will be blown away. If you doubt me call Jeff at Dakota performance and ask him what he thinks. He is blown away pound for pound of boost how it performs. Lets just put it this way its a good thing I got the new adjustable weights this year for the kits.

I've been looking at both these kits as well, they seem to be similar except the cutlers has the cold air kit? the boondockers pump kit is $4,600 , the cutlers stage 2 kit is $5,299, I'm leaning toward the boondockers kit mainly because I think they have the better oil tank, and exhaust tunnel dump my 02 cents

Last edited:
G

gettis

The Support I have had this year from BD on my 2011 M8 install has been top notch. A++ Can't speak for the others but I am very please with BD and their support team. I never fell like I am being a pain in the butt when I can't for advise.

Shaun

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
i am not turbod yet BUT i am a very big advocate of the tunnel dump exhaust on my 1000. If i were to go turbo right now, it would def be boondocker. I rode with bret rasmussen a few times last year in some deep fluff and he could have the whole front of his sled submerged, stop, eat some lunch, then fire it up and continue down the hill or on the sidehill or whatever it is we were doing at the time. Please understand, i think cutlers is awesome. I bought my sled their, their customer service is awesome, dale and shane (in parts) have been TOP NOTCH! For the type of riding i do though, i think i would lean more towards boondocker. Their turbo kit is designed for off trail, deep powder, tree riding. The culters kit makes awesome horsepower and is very fast and a very very good looking kit. I would weigh out what you do with you snowmobile and how you ride it, then pick the kit that best suits your needs.
edit: i also would like to say, i have no ridden with a cutlers kit, so their kit very well could meet all my needs as well. The "downfalls", if you will, that i pointed out are based on theory, not reality. I will be riding with a couple of their turbo sleds this season, so we will see! They very well could not have issues with bog, time will tell.

Last edited:

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
TD

I am building a tunnel dump kit for all systems if any interest. Right now I only have the tunnel part but I am working on a complete bolt on system for twisted,OVS and Push and yes we can do a cutler also but will need to get a twisted cold air horn as to keep your cold air intake.

I totally agree I tunnel dump all mine.

i wouldnt choose a kit soely on where the exhaust is dumped. Any of these kits can be easily modified to dump in the tunnel.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Comparing a Cutler stage 2 to a BD pump gas is like comparing an M7 to an m1000. Both are great units assuming you don't get a gremlin, but the cutler stage 2 we run at 15psi whereas the pump gas BD I've heard of people pushing them to 9.5ish. No comparison.

Our stage 2 has been pull & go for two seasons, it's been jumped, dropped, crashed, raced in the hillclimb circuit... and it's just been a creampuff.

The BD is a good setup, but imo, not in the same class as the cutler.

Also, when cutler upgrades, he helps you out & takes care of you. I hear in this thread that people say BD is good, maybe they've gotten way better in the last year & 1/2 since I had their products, but the service also was not in the same class as what I've received from Dale.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the BD, I just think you'd have A REALLY big grin with the stage 2!!! :D :D:D:D

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Pump VS race

Pump Vs race well heck ya you will love 12Lb more than 7LB.

That is kind of like comparing an M6 to an M8 H.O there both fun but the HO is a lot better

Comparing a Cutler stage 2 to a BD pump gas is like comparing an M7 to an m1000. Both are great units assuming you don't get a gremlin, but the cutler stage 2 we run at 15psi whereas the pump gas BD I've heard of people pushing them to 9.5ish. No comparison.

Our stage 2 has been pull & go for two seasons, it's been jumped, dropped, crashed, raced in the hillclimb circuit... and it's just been a creampuff.

The BD is a good setup, but imo, not in the same class as the cutler.

Also, when cutler upgrades, he helps you out & takes care of you. I hear in this thread that people say BD is good, maybe they've gotten way better in the last year & 1/2 since I had their products, but the service also was not in the same class as what I've received from Dale.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the BD, I just think you'd have A REALLY big grin with the stage 2!!! :D :D:D:D

Last edited:
S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
BD makes are there kits in stages so it's up to the user to pick there HP level.

There systems are plug and play the ADA system is rock solid it's been around for a wile now very little issues. The oil system as seen in this vid is also great http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8cw45U26W8
You can choose from a mini intercooler system that has the plumbing in it allready for the fuel upgrade package if you wish to run the fuel upgrade it's plug and play not even a fuel pump change with the 09 and up M sleds.

So the quality of bolth kits are great and I am not going to bash Dale and his products I also think the Cuttler kits have there pros as well. I do wish I could get the CPC stuff with the BD electronics

Premium Features