• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Programmable Standalone ECU for M8

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
1200cc is a VDO system without boost support, you would need a advanced VDO ecu, it looks the same but the internal hardware is different.

1100 AC is a denso system, reflash has been don for a time now and there are already few maps available but it is very uncomfortable, you need a refalsh all the time if you want to change you boost pressure.

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
check red
When are you ready to ship out this piggyback?
do not know yet. the box is working but the way from a prototype to product is long
Do it use a wideband lamda for controling a specified A/F value? Can the owner how buy's this box set the A/F target by himself?
o2 is included and you can set up a a/fr for tuning and control, but it is not recommend to run autotune all the time

SoDakCat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stickney SD
where is this project at now? any chance we will see it installed on more sleds this year and be in full production and for sale this year?

SoDakCat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stickney SD
Rummer has it we should have some for testing with in a month.

you going to try it on your low buck push pump kit? $4k for a pump kit with a standalone fuel system and clutching sound like a good deal to me. . . . . .cough cough hint hint

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I want my snowmobile to be voice activated and greet me with a nice warm female voice right after I pull the rope myself ;)

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
hardware is done, and should be ready in few weeks for dealers in US to test it and tune it for their customers.

as always the software is problem. we are making our software self, with all that nice features for tuning the valves, exhaust timing, elevation stuff, .....

so the question is when is the software ready,

the hardware you can use on all on POO and AC 2stroke , just by switching the wire-loom and loading the correct firmware.

where is this project at now? any chance we will see it installed on more sleds this year and be in full production and for sale this year?

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
please take a look at the skidoo etec 800 motor as well, very big market for it and i would love to be the first to buy... we need more fuel

hardware is done, and should be ready in few weeks for dealers in US to test it and tune it for their customers.

as always the software is problem. we are making our software self, with all that nice features for tuning the valves, exhaust timing, elevation stuff, .....

so the question is when is the software ready,

the hardware you can use on all on POO and AC 2stroke , just by switching the wire-loom and loading the correct firmware.

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
adding more fuel to etec is not a electronic problem it is a hardware problem.
"direct injection"

lets wait some time to see what happen with the etec, i think rotax people will fix actually problems soon

as i know rotax guys already made some tests with turbo kits but non of those tests hit the quality standard,

please take a look at the skidoo etec 800 motor as well, very big market for it and i would love to be the first to buy... we need more fuel

J

j_w10

Mar 8, 2009
updates??

Know when they r going to be released to the general public yet would love to have one of these on my tm1000. thanx

J

J.Jensen

Feb 15, 2010
Northern Norway
So this thing works like s proper ecu adjusting fuelling and timing real-time according to 3D-maps based on manifold pressure, charge temp, throttle setting and closed-loop lambda (exept WOT ofc) etc as s piggyback unit?

They'll quickly become the **** for turbo kits... I'd want one if I go boosted...

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
it is like your OEM ecu, and it is standalone. that mean, you remove your OEM ecu connect the standalone, connect the map sensor to your airbox, or other optional sensors like exhaust temp sensor or what ever and then start tuning.

it sounds easy but it is not. features like autotune are a nice helper but you still need knowledge.
the best way is to buy it from our dealer network they can help you out, i think they will have finished maps for most turbo kits out there.

So this thing works like s proper ecu adjusting fuelling and timing real-time according to 3D-maps based on manifold pressure, charge temp, throttle setting and closed-loop lambda (exept WOT ofc) etc as s piggyback unit?

They'll quickly become the **** for turbo kits... I'd want one if I go boosted...

SoDakCat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stickney SD
so how has testing gone. we still going to see these in full production come summer time? and what are these going to be for price?

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
testing is done. now the production will start soon. some electronic parts have 25 weeks delivery time. sales start in September. Production is 1000 units.

US customers can buy the ECU's from our US dealers, we are still working on a good dealer network, which is able to support customers with custom made maps. But we have time over the summer :)

It come with a OEM map and it is full plug and play. some dealers will offer maps for turbo kits and tuned maps for stock engines, or slp pipes .....
Also the ECU can be used on Poo 800 and on AC 800, The customer only need to switch the wiring loom and to load the correct software.

the price will be around 1100 to 1300 USD depend on hardware configuration.

so how has testing gone. we still going to see these in full production come summer time? and what are these going to be for price?

M
Nov 26, 2007
Cranbrook B.C.
so on the cat's can we run two larger injectors rather than 4 injector setups for high boost ? pm me some info please. like where in canada I'll be able to dig one up or get it custom tuned.

thnx

Premium Features