• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Four Stroke Solutions LLC "Jacobson roll-over oil valve kit"??

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Summitseeker, sorry to hear about your mishap, hopefully your ok and the damage was minimal.
Not sure if you ever ride down here (Mt. Baker), my place is on the way between the border and Baker. If you make it down my way sometime and you have your sled with you. I can take a look at it and see if the kit will fit. It would also give me chance to see how some of those MCX specific hoses are routed.
Only question mark would be if there is enough room for the valve. There may even be room for it further up stream in the hose, that dose'nt show up the pics.
The rest of kit install (wiring) should be no problem!

Thanks!! I could come down any weekend or on a Friday. I would like to get this oil problem fixed!! No damage as it was soft snow except for my ignition switch and my graphics.:beer;:beer;

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
Put one of these kits on my wife's phazer and installation went great. Pictures help alot. Rode the sled a couple of week ends ago and laid it over myself on some steep turns. Worked great when I fell off or laid it over. One time I just reached out and pulled the cord by hand when I was laying near the sled and it was on it's side. The distance I was from the sled was right at the end of the tether but not far enough to pull it all the way off.
Great product!!

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
really nice deal here guys, put it on and it does what it is suppossed to do,Yamaha might of wanted to come up with this one!!! Good job Viper

S
Nov 30, 2007
Meridian, Idaho
I have had mine longer than most and love them!!! Work perfect everytime. THey should come standard from Yamaha. Now if Bill would just invent something to keep me from tipping over to begin with.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I have had mine longer than most and love them!!! Work perfect everytime. THey should come standard from Yamaha. Now if Bill would just invent something to keep me from tipping over to begin with.

Thanks Ray, I'll get to work right away on that tip over problem for ya!

I'm sure I can cobble.... er I mean engineer something up that would be both stylish and functional:)

BTW, Special thanks to all who have replied in this thread!
Feels good, knowing that I'm helping a fellow sledder out!

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
BTW, Special thanks to all who have replied in this thread!
Feels good, knowing that I'm helping a fellow sledder out!
You have come up with a GOOD PRODUCT and we need to help spread the word to other sledders like us who would benefit from this device.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
Four Stroke Solutions is going on vacation!

I'll be on vacation Feb 7th through Feb 15th. Time to go ride some fine Idaho powder!!:face-icon-small-coo I can already feel my right thumb starting to itch:face-icon-small-hap

I may have limited internet access. If so, I'll try to reply to as many e-mails as possible.
Also I'll make sure all orders are taken care of before I leave.

Bill

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Just gotta say thanks again. This kit ROCKS. No more carring oil with. No more messy air box. This past weekend was the first time I had to flip the sled over to get it unstuck and I rolled it over, put the tether back in and fired up the sled. No oil light, nothing just a happy running 4stroke full of oil. Thanks again!!!:face-icon-small-hap

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
Just gotta say thanks again. This kit ROCKS. No more carring oil with. No more messy air box. This past weekend was the first time I had to flip the sled over to get it unstuck and I rolled it over, put the tether back in and fired up the sled. No oil light, nothing just a happy running 4stroke full of oil. Thanks again!!!:face-icon-small-hap

Glad you like it AKRMK05!

All completed orders shipped. I will be able to ship kits through Saturday morning, before I leave in search of some fresh pow:)

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
I am hoping to receive my kit my the end of the week and get it installed before I ride this weekend! I will let those with MCX kits know how the install goes!

DooTraxx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Calgary, AB
The only thing I am not a fan of in the mountains is wearing a tether. I just find that the amount a guy is moving around on a sled when mountain riding a tether can get in the way. I never use my tether on my XP for mountain riding. Would be nice if there was another method designed for activating this switch that would not use a tether.

J

j_w10

Mar 8, 2009
teather

why dont you look into teth-air. its a company out of calgary that makes an antena based tether. you were a wrist band when the wrist band gets so far away from the sled it kills it. neat little system see if they can be used together.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
why dont you look into teth-air. its a company out of calgary that makes an antena based tether. you were a wrist band when the wrist band gets so far away from the sled it kills it. neat little system see if they can be used together.

It may be possible for the wireless tether to work with the roll-over valve kit.
Depends on several factors. The roll-over valve system requires both normally open and normally closed tether curcuits to function correctly. During operation both curcuits are being switched.

Looking at teth-air's web site, I see that they're system does have both normally open and normally closed curcuits.

The question would be if it switches both curcuits when activated?

Does the teth-air re-set automatically once the wrist band is back in range? Or is there a manual re-set switch?

A manual re-set would be best for the roll-over valve, since you would not want it to auto re-set while the sled is still on it's side. As this could cause the valve to re-open before the sled is rolled back over upright.
Amperage requirements are not an issue, since the roll-over valve only draws 1/2 amp. Well within the teth-air specs.
It would be interesting to see if the two could work together though!

M
Feb 3, 2008
I almost traded my Phazer in after rolling it over with my leg pinned on the throttle and about half my oil getting sucked into the airbox! Luckily I was riding with other four strokes and we had to siphon oil from their sleds to get it back to the truck. After that I always carried a spare quart, no need now, this kit rocks and is worth much, much more than the list price. Easy install and peace of mind, if you don't have one you should order one now!

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
The only thing I am not a fan of in the mountains is wearing a tether. I just find that the amount a guy is moving around on a sled when mountain riding a tether can get in the way. I never use my tether on my XP for mountain riding. Would be nice if there was another method designed for activating this switch that would not use a tether.

Why not just attach to your glove or forearm?

Premium Features