• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS tubo issues

S

SnowDevil

Nov 26, 2007
Portland
even though the plugs look ok, put new ones in with correct gap 90% chance thats it. I only fouled the plugs a couple times last year and couldnt see the problem I just replaced them and the problem was gone. Was acting just like your example.

once the plugs are changed, lean the Yellow/Blue down to 1 if that doesnt work on the green/blue (this is under load/climbing).

If you let off the power and the sled bogs you need to increase the fuel dump which is the Red/blue mode usually set around 4. what this does is puts a splash of fuel in when you let off the power to keep from going lean, its needed!

The red mode is right before the turbo kicks in should be 1, up or down 1. To rich it sputters before the turbo comes on

With what you explained it really sounds like plugs and check the gap to start, since you said the reeds are ok get the plugs changed and work on the tuneing.

Last edited:
S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
I would have to say there is something more serious than a bad reed, broken spring\y pipe or the box slightly out of adjustment. If it won't pull with the piped 700, it must really be down on power. I have had small issues like ones metioned above, but the sleds would never run "that" bad. I may be wrong.

With that said, probably best to get in touch with Travis or Garr and see if he can help you sort it out.

Sam

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
SnowDevil's advice would be good if you were riding a T1000, but the PL box on the M8Ts works different than it does on the T1000s. The M8Ts don't have a yellow/blue mode and the red/blue mode is not a fuel dump on the M8Ts. It is the crossover point from yellow to red.

R
Aug 30, 2008
I would also take off the Y pipe and check to see if the pistons are good...Last year, I burned my M7 down, and once we got it running, it would pull the hills, just not very fast. I was getting beat by an old school thundercat up the hill, and the way it was running sounds just like what your describing. Luckily, we got it out. We were in a spot where it either need to be rebuilt on the mountain or we were going to have to call a Helicopter to come and get it. Luckily, it ran good enough to get it out. The same thing happened to KMODs nephews TM7...it would run but just not good enough...he burned it down as well.

Last edited:
S

SnowDevil

Nov 26, 2007
Portland
Big air is correct I have a couple different modes. pull the exhaust valves check pistons change plugs try again! Let us know how it works out! I have heard of the aerochargers needing be rebuilt, I would ask ovs what to look for if something might be damaged inside.

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Hey fella's

Ok got the y-pipe off pistons look like new, rings move freely, pulled my reeds, they were a bit tired and one of the pedals was slightly chipped. So I am installing my new M1000 reeds right now.

While doing this I noticed a clear line of the computer that goes to no where, what is that for?

Thanks

Jeff

Clear line?

Clear line? you mean surgical type of tube coming off of the controller, or the ecu?

If its one on the control box, thats your boost reference line!!!
AND THAT WOULD NOT BE GOOD.

If its off the ECU, it doesnt go to anything.

Hey fella's

Ok got the y-pipe off pistons look like new, rings move freely, pulled my reeds, they were a bit tired and one of the pedals was slightly chipped. So I am installing my new M1000 reeds right now.

While doing this I noticed a clear line of the computer that goes to no where, what is that for?

Thanks

Jeff

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Hey guys

Changed to M1000 reeds
Put 4 new plugs in
adjusted fuel pressure from 30-38
Have green at 3
yellow at 1
red at 1
yellow blue at 5
red at 6

guess what she works awesome!!!! So thank you guys for all the help. One more questions on the Aero 53 how do I increase boost.

Thanks

Jeff

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
As for what the final problem was I will never know for sure because I changed:

reeds, plugs, fuel pressure, and box settings. I will tell you that I did not enjoy changing out the reeds as it is so tight in there.

My thoughts on the problem were that it was a combination of not enough fuel pressure and box settings, with the sled being to rich on the box settings it wanted to bog out.

These were the settings I needed to make it run proper:

Green 3 cruise fuel adj
Yellow 1 Acceleration fuel Adj
Red 1 Full throttle fuel Adj
Green/Blue 4 Boost fuel Adj
Red/Blue 6 Full throttle RPM switch adj

Thanks

Jeff

Premium Features