• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS tubo issues

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Hey guys

Bought a 2008 M8T with the OVS system on it. It has an AERO 53 turbo. I bought it off a guy who wasn't a tuner and don't think he could set it up right.

Problem:

The machine is cutting out and loosing power under WOT under load (climbing) it also will bog and then clean out and then do that spuratically. Also in some cases it will bog when I grab a handful of power to start off.

Facts:

We ride between 6000-8000 feet ASL
I am running 100LL av Gas
A/F ratio is about 14ish at cruise and about 12.5 at WOT
I have only been able to pull about 6lbs boost before this problem occurs
EGT's were around 900 when I got the sled, now I have leaned the machine out and am pulling about 1100 on the egt's

Pure logic box settings:
Green 1
Yellow 1-2
Red 3-4
Green blue 3
Yellow blue 3

So let me know what you guys think and where to go from here.

Thanks

Jeff

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
i would try setting your green about 3 your red about 1 and leave your yellow and ajust it from the green/blue mode with is your low boost injectors up to 9 lbs and go from there im new at this myself but to my understanding you need to see what color your box lights are when its acting up and that is what curcuit you ajust

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
Call Travis or Gar. they will be able to help you out. they also have some basic settings on there website. how much boost are you running? you shouldn't have to shim the head with an aero, as the turbo itself will be the limiting factor in that set up. you wont want to run more than 10ish pounds with the 53
cheers

Last edited:

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
if its cuting out and feels like a miss ,,especially at wot it fouled a plug and if it dies or hesitates at low speed especiallly when you wack the throttle its probly lean not rich been there done that!

S
53 series turbo on a M8 a good starting point is
Green 1
Yellow 1
Red 3
Green/Blue 5 or 6
Red/Blue 7
Fuel presure at idle 38 psi
O2 low speed 14.5
o2 high speed 11.5
If it still breaks up on the high end change plugs
Call me if you have a question Garr 801-745-3833

F

Fuel96

Mar 5, 2009
Vernon, BC, Canada
Tues

Jeff, I will come in tomorrow and see you... remember, I ride in the same mountains, have the same type of sled and turbo kit and did the total install on my sled, and its awesome. We will get it going right ! See you then !

S

ski569

Oct 24, 2008
I had the same problem on mine was a garret tho but check pipe and boots for leaks to if it was set for 10# now only making 6 because of a leak it will over fuel. Mine did this and a/f #s looked good but when i got a small crack in the flang fixed everything was good again.

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Hey guys

Got into the reeds tonight, they seem to look fine, how much pressure should it take to open it, they are not broken or anything, what a pain in the A$$ to get to those. Plugs look excellent really clean with just a bit of brown.

I dialed the computer as to Garr's specs, checked the charge tube for leaks, seemed to be fine.

Not convinced that I have really found anything, I guess I will change the reeds since I am in there already.

Any other suggestions, the only thing now I guess is to put it back together and see if it's any better.

I will tell you that my piped 700 dragon was out pulling it last weekend. Little disappointing, but it has to be something since there are so many of you guys out there riding these things.

Thanks

Jeff

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
- y-pipe donut bad?
- look for a crack in the y-pipe, mine alwyas happened on the bottom side so take a mirror and flashlight and look around
- does this happen in deep snow? how does it run on the trails?

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I wonder if the springs on the Y pipe are weak and the pipe is blowing off the Y pipe ??? how many springs are you running up there??

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Hey guys

I have 4 springs holding the pipe to the y-pipe, I will check for cracks and maybe put some stronger springs on.

I am going to start with the reeds, then put some stronger springs on, and just work my way up on checking and replacing parts from the reeds right around to the exhaust and see what I get.

It has problems both on the trail and in deep snow???

Thanks

Jeff

Premium Features