• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what a mouse told me, M8 hcr turbo from the factory

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
so

could we derive now that there is no new chassis in 2010 ?
unless they would offer 2 chassis in the same segment

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Like I said the numbers don't add up for the average guy. My guess with a standard 09 M10 and a pump gas turbo with everything you need to ride- gauges, clutching etc. would hit 15k at dealer cost easy. (not including install)

I actually paid alot less than the $15K I stated, I was trying to give a realistic number. Anyhow, lets do the math, maybe I was a little low.

'09 M1000 $11K to $12.5K
Twisted Turbo Pump Gas Turbo Kit $5K to $5.5K
Self Install $0
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ready to ride Pump Gas TM1000 $16K to $18K

Still not sure I would want a $17K TM8 unless the factory warrantied everything for 2 years, which I am betting they will not.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
confirmed with Arctic Cat Inc. today. This project is something Boondockers is working on with participating Arctic Cat/boondocker dealers. Arctic Cat has no involvement and will not be providing any warranty coverage on the sleds.

hope UR happy

This thread is worthless without pictures...........lol!

burandt-edition.png

H
Nov 29, 2007
Littleton,Colorado
Factory turbo

I wouldnt call that a "FACTORY TURBO" really that's no different then whats going on now,ac dealers putting on b/d turbos,big deal,this one just happens to say Burandt on it,so what.Sounds like AC does'nt even have anything to do with it,no warranty,or cust.serv,just a promo thingy,to build buss.for both comp.Everyone just likes to ride the Chris Burandt bandwagon,no disrespect to him,he's a great rider if they said here's some free sled's and turbo's to me i'd say hey put my name on it,by the way VOHK that ought to be pronounced JOKE.W/O Burandt that's what he'd be.I'm sure i'm not alone on that one.Cool sled though.

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
Wake me up when Cat gets invloved. This is just a BD pitch , or it looks like one . I want the FACTORY OEM turbo M8 , i dont care what Burandt slaps his name on .

The first factory turbo 2 stroke will be something to talk about , but it better cost 1200.00 more than the non turbo version . Just what a Garret costs.:face-icon-small-dis

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
confirmed with Arctic Cat Inc. today. This project is something Boondockers is working on with participating Arctic Cat/boondocker dealers. Arctic Cat has no involvement and will not be providing any warranty coverage on the sleds.

Like i said , ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
I wouldnt call that a "FACTORY TURBO" really that's no different then whats going on now,ac dealers putting on b/d turbos,big deal,this one just happens to say Burandt on it,so what.Sounds like AC does'nt even have anything to do with it,no warranty,or cust.serv,just a promo thingy,to build buss.for both comp.Everyone just likes to ride the Chris Burandt bandwagon,no disrespect to him,he's a great rider if they said here's some free sled's and turbo's to me i'd say hey put my name on it,by the way VOHK that ought to be pronounced JOKE.W/O Burandt that's what he'd be.I'm sure i'm not alone on that one.Cool sled though.

I hear ya, VOHK comes off as a celebrity because Burandt rides a sled he worked on. I've tried to talk to him in these forums and nothing but attitude. Probably just bolt on's that VOHK can only do, like his intake supposedly??? I look up to Burandt and understand he has a job to do, but this is a big waste of my time.

I'd take an OVS or Twisted Turbo anyday over a BD from the nightmares I've heard of, no guinea pigging from me. I don't want no kits I have to "work" the bugs out and have new and improved parts to fix old problems that shouldn't have been there in the first place if they tested their products first hand.

Warrenty's are overrated anyhow, even when you have a warranty issue, would you trust half the dealers out there? I sure don't, the customer service around my area sure don't have me bringing any sled, or buying any sled from them again! I would rather AC cut $1500 off the cost and have no warranty at all, should be a "modders" program discount. Now there's an incentive I care about! I just hope I can find a leftover or slightly used '09 M1k and M8 to mod next year, not buying current year models no more.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
I would rather AC cut $1500 off the cost and have no warranty at all, should be a "modders" program discount. Now there's an incentive I care about! .

totally agree with that, give me a product that performs as marketed and you can keep your warranties , that goes for any goods i buy.

HMC 399

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2008
utah
I've heard from a little mouse that a factory turbo won't happen anytime soon because of emissions and noise. I think that is why you would be more likely to see an affiliation with boondockers or another after market company to see a so-called factory turbo. Cat has the ability and know how to do this but can't within the little box the govt. has put them in. I've heard that cat has its hands full just trying to hit 2012 emissions with a two stroke let alone with a turbo'd two stroke. I would love to see it but unfortunately I think it's a long shot. If cat does crawl into bed with boondockers they may alienate themselves from aftermarket companies that make their living by hopping up cat's thus forcing these companies to move to Doo or Poo. I think it's a bad idea for them to go down this road, but hey i'd love to see some factory influence on the turbo two strokes, couldn't hurt on the performance side. I'm curious to know how cutler, shane at twisted, and others that are doing set-up's feel about this possible team up.

T
Oct 14, 2008
Buhl idaho
I talked to a guy a fox about this because i wanted to change my front shocks on my brand new 09 m8 LE to gen 2 floats(which you can't do). He was saying that the reason they are calling it the chris burandt back country edition was because he did all the testing on the sled. you can call fox and get just the shox setup if you want.

Premium Features