• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Reed Set Up volume 3

B
Jan 5, 2008
THE GAR
I'm trying cutlers new reed stops with stock m8 reeds..so far been awesome no bog and feels like stock till 1/3 throttle then boost takes over. very smooth transition..will c how long they last

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
I'm trying cutlers new reed stops with stock m8 reeds..so far been awesome no bog and feels like stock till 1/3 throttle then boost takes over. very smooth transition..will c how long they last

Ya keep us updated on this. I've bin thinking of going back to stock ones. Turbos have lasted two season but I think I lost bottom end response. Wanna try an test back to back cuz bin too long since I ran stockers.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
stock with a set of low tension carbons on top .. still ripping hard after 4 yrs.
Gus, do think the style of reed cage makes any difference?

TheBreeze, did you ever use your current reed setup on old style cages? I didn't go back through your posts to check out what all setups you tried.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
I never ran my setup on the old cages. I ran old cages doubled up with stock reeds, single stacked with TDR's. Both erroded tips almost immediatly. The rounded edges of the HO reeds and cages are key IMO. You could probably substitute any low tension reed for doubling up the bottoms and have similar results. Since finding my current setup, I have not thought much about reeds.

Premium Features