• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to afr gauge- need #'s for twisted Extreme

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
On my 1000 kit i installed this summer from shain it has the boost fuel on the r/b circuit. I personally have the red/blue set at 7, y/b at 2, every other setting is at .5.

Thunder

J
Sep 12, 2008
Almont, Co.
I'm getting ready to take my 2010 Twisted M8 out for the first time. This thread has been my bible. Can someone explain g/b to me. It's fuel added while on boost correct? If so wouldn't your numbers increase after dropping elevation? I ask because J Almont's g/b actually drops with elevation. What am I missing?

indeep, I was helping someone out tonite, and re read this post. I made a typo for sure. Fuel increases with altitude for sure. I know that you have this
figured out, but need to correct if anyone reads this in the future.

Higher altitude less air. requires more fuel to eliminate a lean condition.

Good catch.

Thx,
J

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
indeep, I was helping someone out tonite, and re read this post. I made a typo for sure. Fuel increases with altitude for sure. I know that you have this
figured out, but need to correct if anyone reads this in the future.

Higher altitude less air. requires more fuel to eliminate a lean condition.

Good catch.

Thx,
J

Just trying to understand the comment above. At altitude you need less fuel. Less air less fuel so they match= correct mix.

I am going to my Carburated Snow hawk days. On the trail up to Mt. Baker my 170 jets on the 600HO Rotax would cause the hawk's EGT to run hot.

When I got up to altitude, I could open it up wide open and the temps were fine.

Premium Features