• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tether Install on a 2018

T

Toyotajoe

Dec 12, 2016
NL, Canada
Anyone install an Arctic Cat tether on a 2018 yet?

I just sifted through the directions and am planning to get into it later this week. It doesn't look complicated but we all know how AC directions can be sometimes...

J

Jooohan87

Aug 28, 2011
Easy 15min job. Its plug and play, the connection is on top under the right side panel.

Great job cat:face-icon-small-hap

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
The tether connection sits on top of the gas tank, its a real funky looking connector that looks like it plugged into a sensor but its actually just a plug. I got confused because I thought it was down by the right side footwell.

S
Dec 30, 2011
Hooper, Utah
So my only question is this. The directions say drill using a 1/2” bit. The tether switch is larger than 1/2”. Did I miss something in the instructions or are the just wrong?

S
Dec 30, 2011
Hooper, Utah
Yep that’s what I figured. Is the new style. Only took a coupe of minutes to install. Most of the time it takes to install is taking everything off and putting it back on. Glad to see AC putting them on sleds now. It should be a standard part on every sled.

klim-in

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
Idaho
Anyone install an Arctic Cat tether on a 2018 yet?

I just sifted through the directions and am planning to get into it later this week. It doesn't look complicated but we all know how AC directions can be sometimes...

Are you talking the new AC Magnetic tether, or the old style rubber tether.

klim-in

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
Idaho
Yep that’s what I figured. Is the new style. Only took a coupe of minutes to install. Most of the time it takes to install is taking everything off and putting it back on. Glad to see AC putting them on sleds now. It should be a standard part on every sled.

When you say new style are you talking the new AC Magnetic tether??

K
Jan 4, 2022
michigan
Hi, I just bought one of the new style magnetic tether switch. That I am trying to put on my 2018 ZR 8000. All it came with was the directions on where to put the tether on the sled. Theres no wire harness, nor could I find one to buy seprate. Also there are no directions on where/how to connect the switch to the electric on the sled. I have found info on older sleds, which doesnt help me. Any direction would be much appreciated. Thanks

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
Hi, I just bought one of the new style magnetic tether switch. That I am trying to put on my 2018 ZR 8000. All it came with was the directions on where to put the tether on the sled. Theres no wire harness, nor could I find one to buy seprate. Also there are no directions on where/how to connect the switch to the electric on the sled. I have found info on older sleds, which doesnt help me. Any direction would be much appreciated. Thanks
if your sled is factory compatable (cant remember if all 2018 models were) the wiring connection is right above the fuel pump. remove the right side panel and you should see the plug at the very top. if it doest have the plug from factory youll need the adaptor harness

Premium Features