• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 rmk 700 bog problem

M
Oct 28, 2016
Montana
I have an 2000 rmk 700 with crankshop twin pipes, factory carbs with pods on them while riding the thing bogs till you get it up to 5500 rpm and will only run up to 7000 rpm was wondering if anyone had an idea of how to fix it. Thanks in advance:face-icon-small-fro

Last edited:

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
It could be carburetor related or clutch related or a combination of both so more info is needed as to what you have done. Carbs cleaned and adjusted properly including proper jetting for pipes? Clutches cleaned and parts replaced if needed? Belt deflection and belt to primary sheave clearance okay? Did this run okay previously? Were you the one who put on the twin pipes?

Air pods never a good idea in my opinion because of pressure build up in engine compartment at speed and sucking in warm air.

Here is a fairly decent write up on Keihin carbs just for information purposes as to what portions of the carb affects things. https://www.duncanracing.com/TechCenter/KeihinCarbJetting.pdf

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
How are the clutches? I run an 01 rmk 700 in my hawk and I have fought a bottom end bog since day one. Ive also noticed pipe heat makes a HUGE difference with this engine. I was told these engines just done make much power down low. Im running a venom pink spring and that helps engage above the bog but im still fighting pipe heat. Are you running rack style carbs or the singe kehins?

Premium Features