• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Don't plow our access road!

A
Sep 9, 2008
I live remote in the Chilkat valley in Haines AK. We access our home via a 7 mile dirt road in the Haines State Forest. It is supposed to be a multi-use area. We have 3 user groups. 1 residential, 2 recreational, 3 commercial. We have had an ongoing problem with some small time logging operations that take it upon themselves to plow our access road with a bulldozer. It has been going on for years and it is happening again. I would understand if they used the road after plowing.., but they don't. They wreck the snowpack and leave the road in a mess. They only move small amounts of logs, if any! The walls they leave cannot be negotiated safely. One lane with no room to turn around if approaching oncoming traffic. Is there any precedence for homeowners to protect the snowpack they depend on for the winter months.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

foreclosures

D
Dec 28, 2007
bush company AK
road

I live remote in the Chilkat valley in Haines AK. We access our home via a 7 mile dirt road in the Haines State Forest. It is supposed to be a multi-use area. We have 3 user groups. 1 residential, 2 recreational, 3 commercial. We have had an ongoing problem with some small time logging operations that take it upon themselves to plow our access road with a bulldozer. It has been going on for years and it is happening again. I would understand if they used the road after plowing.., but they don't. They wreck the snowpack and leave the road in a mess. They only move small amounts of logs, if any! The walls they leave cannot be negotiated safely. One lane with no room to turn around if approaching oncoming traffic. Is there any precedence for homeowners to protect the snowpack they depend on for the winter months.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

foreclosures

I love to sled as much as anyone else but I gotta say .......

Someone trying to earn a living logging has just as much right to that road as anyone else!!!

For all we know it was a logger that originally put the road in.

Premium Features