• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What New sled for next season

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
And, those fixing just one "failure" would disagree with YOU. You ride a cat, and hate Polaris . . .we ALLLLL get it. Same song - different verse!

Actually, if you had been paying attention at all you would have read in many of my posts how I had high hopes polaris would build a decent motor. I owned two pros and an axys before my current Cat so "I hate polaris" isn't exactly accurate, though it helps make your posts more dramatic, I understand...

You have no proof everyone voted correctly either. . . so your point is??? I am pretty sure the mods know exactly who voted and how they voted.

Sorry Bro, you're not my favorite troll . . . you are just a troll :)

My point is, YOU are running around, and now have even escaped the Polaris section with this drivel, and claiming people are voting in the poll to make Polaris look bad, how many times have you posted that, a dozen at least... THAT Timbre, is the definition of trolling, own it you clown, seems to fit you well.

Has blown up 850 Poo #46 hit the poll yet, it was 45 yesterday, seems to go up about one per day. FACT, no other brand has EVER had that many early failure posted. There is a serious issue documented by many, most of which you choose to ignore based on your insane criteria like, low post count, photos or it didn't happen and most famously just running around calling people liars, or at least inferring such, which would be more...trolling?

You sir are a strange duck, that is for certain...

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
:deadhorse:

:focus:

Uhhhhhh, You were the one who derailed it...

Just look back at your stupid troll comment about everybody hating on your precious Polaris. LMFAO

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Big10 standard doom and gloom aside.....on the performance end...the 850 Axys does rip. I challenge anyone who has ridden a broken in one on a good climb/snow to say otherwise. The handling and engine performance are legit.....right on the mark IMO. Had one out the other day with lots of fresh snow and some non-Polaris riders to try it out and everyone loved it. It's fast, climbs VERY well, and is big time playful/fun. Very easy to adjust the attitude with body position, nice narrow feel. I haven't ridden the other 2019's, but it's a pretty wicked machine in its own right. They're all pretty excellent these days...buy the colour you like and ride it.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Big10 standard doom and gloom aside.....on the performance end...the 850 Axys does rip. I challenge anyone who has ridden a broken in one on a good climb/snow to say otherwise. The handling and engine performance are legit.....right on the mark IMO. Had one out the other day with lots of fresh snow and some non-Polaris riders to try it out and everyone loved it. It's fast, climbs VERY well, and is big time playful/fun. Very easy to adjust the attitude with body position, nice narrow feel. I haven't ridden the other 2019's, but it's a pretty wicked machine in its own right. They're all pretty excellent these days...buy the colour you like and ride it.

You and timbre live on the same island of unicorns and butterflies. no doubt they all make great sleds but its hard to gauge when "I haven't ridden the other 2019's" and I'm SURE timbre could not bring himself to set foot on any other makers inferior machine.

I and 10"bigdick guy are not just Poo haters for no reason. poo had to earn this. I have seen many learn over the years some are faster learners and some just put their head in the sand.
BTW I rode with a 2019 850 on 12 psi yesterday and we were 2 sled lengths apart and I was on a stock 19 mc with the same track length.

Last edited:
S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
I always like the bottom end response of the Axys, seemed to beat most everything well off the line in our impromptu drag races. The Alpha feel like it has a lot more power though, especially the midrange pull. I have been pretty impressed with it. Feels every bit as strong on the hill as the 850 Doos around it.

For me, all the 800s had enough power. Any of them could take me places I shouldn't go. I like the effortless handling of the Alpha, it is like cheating IMO. I already ride away from the group in the trees on my '17 MC, I think I could completely disappear into the woods on a 154 Alpha, them boys would never keep up with that. Just my humble opinion... LOL

WOW, You thought the reason your group kept disapearing in the woods was cause they couldn’t keep up with you ???? LOL.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018

I have never said the Axys wasn't a GREAT ride, it is. Before the Mtn Cat and 850 Doo, it was the best choice, that is why I rode them for years. Then I found out I could only get one season of reliable use from the Polaris sleds, year 2 was a disaster, never made it through a second season on one before having to sell or waste a lot of time and money trying to fix the Polaris.

I think Cat finally got there chit together and is producing an epic machine as well. Better motor, shocks, track, clutches than anything Polaris has to offer. The Doo has been getting better too, belt issues fixed and they are FUN! Still too wobbly for me in the trees but a great sled with great power and good reliability.

If I had lotto money, I would have some Polaris sleds. On money that has been hard to earn, no way. If/When they get it figured out I will consider them again but a LOT of new sleds have gone down and I think that is just inexcusable. Fact is, Cat and Doo simply do not have this problem. You guys can run around stating they all can or will break but the truth is, none of them are as likely to fail regularly as Polaris.

As long as you are OK with the potential of your sled not making it out on any given day, and you have a spare sled or two and a pocket full of benjamins, I think the Polaris is a great choice. If you are like most guys and find the hobby expensive and don't like losing your ride for a week or three each season, the Polaris is clearly the least desirable choice.

Some guys, like TRS, for example, blow up multiple engines in a season and stick with them. At least the guy is honest about the failings, like Indy Dan, and simply chooses to run them anyway because they love them. That I can respect but, the guys running around trying to blow sunshine up you butt over this seriously flawed new product are just making themselves look silly. There is a of a boatload of damning evidence against their chosen brand.

So if you can stomach the notion of your new $12k toy not lasting a full season, Polaris makes a great riding sled. Unfortunately for Polaris, while they were testing their new time bomb engine, the other two players caught up and offer much better reliability at the same time.

Last edited:

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
WOW, You thought the reason your group kept disapearing in the woods was cause they couldn’t keep up with you ???? LOL.

Actually, that is the reason... Come on down and show me how its done stud.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Actually, that is the reason... Come on down and show me how its done stud.

Sure it is buttercup . You keep believing that. Bet they all wear earplugs cause of their loud sleds when they ride with you too right ? LOL.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Sure it is buttercup . You keep believing that. Bet they all wear earplugs cause of their loud sleds when they ride with you too right ? LOL.

Pretty funny how just because you and Timbre don't like what I have to say you think everybody is like you. Time for a check in the mirror son....

Just finishing my breakfast and heading out for a ride with my buddies. Strangely, it wasn't hard to round up a small group in just a few minutes time...

You on the other hand will probably spend the rest of your weekend wishing you could ride...Enjoy your keyboard!

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Pretty funny how just because you and Timbre don't like what I have to say you think everybody is like you. Time for a check in the mirror son....

Just finishing my breakfast and heading out for a ride with my buddies. Strangely, it wasn't hard to round up a small group in just a few minutes time...

You on the other hand will probably spend the rest of your weekend wishing you could ride...Enjoy your keyboard!

Your silly self absorbed ego driven assumptions are as accurate as most of your other comments on here. At least you’re consistent . Have fun with both your buddies today. Are they husband and husband ?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
You and timbre live on the same island of unicorns and butterflies. no doubt they all make great sleds but its hard to gauge when "I haven't ridden the other 2019's" and I'm SURE timbre could not bring himself to set foot on any other makers inferior machine..
I will ride anything you put in front of me....just haven’t had the opportunity and wanted to be up front.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Your silly self absorbed ego driven assumptions are as accurate as most of your other comments on here. At least you’re consistent.

Bingo :)

I don't think ANYONE puts any credibility in what (Little 1 inch troll above) has to say. People dont like what he says because he has absolutely NOTHING of value to add to the conversation.

Diarrhea of the mouth - constipation of the brain :)

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Bingo :)

I don't think ANYONE puts any credibility in what (Little 1 inch troll above) has to say. People dont like what he says because he has absolutely NOTHING of value to add to the conversation.

Diarrhea of the mouth - constipation of the brain :)

Yet you run around providing posts full of valuable content? Insulting me is the best you have left Timbre... That is seriously pathetic and everybody can see it. So you just keep doing your best to run threads I am in off topic in an attempt to goad me into stepping over the snowest line. Clearly, you think you are that smart.... but then you bought that 850, and now you try to defend it? Talk about a lack of credibility.

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
I had a 16 Axys SC that was a disaster, broke down every 400 miles, never made it through 2nd season. Now have 18 an Axys that's been awesome and a 16 Axys Boondocker that's needed some exhaust valve work this here is pretty darn accurate IMO.......
I have never said the Axys wasn't a GREAT ride, it is. Before the Mtn Cat and 850 Doo, it was the best choice, that is why I rode them for years. Then I found out I could only get one season of reliable use from the Polaris sleds, year 2 was a disaster, never made it through a second season on one before having to sell or waste a lot of time and money trying to fix the Polaris.

I think Cat finally got there chit together and is producing an epic machine as well. Better motor, shocks, track, clutches than anything Polaris has to offer. The Doo has been getting better too, belt issues fixed and they are FUN! Still too wobbly for me in the trees but a great sled with great power and good reliability.

If I had lotto money, I would have some Polaris sleds. On money that has been hard to earn, no way. If/When they get it figured out I will consider them again but a LOT of new sleds have gone down and I think that is just inexcusable. Fact is, Cat and Doo simply do not have this problem. You guys can run around stating they all can or will break but the truth is, none of them are as likely to fail regularly as Polaris.

As long as you are OK with the potential of your sled not making it out on any given day, and you have a spare sled or two and a pocket full of benjamins, I think the Polaris is a great choice. If you are like most guys and find the hobby expensive and don't like losing your ride for a week or three each season, the Polaris is clearly the least desirable choice.

Some guys, like TRS, for example, blow up multiple engines in a season and stick with them. At least the guy is honest about the failings, like Indy Dan, and simply chooses to run them anyway because they love them. That I can respect but, the guys running around trying to blow sunshine up you butt over this seriously flawed new product are just making themselves look silly. There is a of a boatload of damning evidence against their chosen brand.

So if you can stomach the notion of your new $12k toy not lasting a full season, Polaris makes a great riding sled. Unfortunately for Polaris, while they were testing their new time bomb engine, the other two players caught up and offer much better reliability at the same time.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Been browsing the accender forum, seems there are quite a few ctecs blowing up as well?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Been browsing the accender forum, seems there are quite a few ctecs blowing up as well?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I read that forum almost everyday, I am not seeing "quite a few"... Maybe 3 or 4???

The dead Polaris 850 poll is up to 47 sleds today by comparison...

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
2% failure??? Only on the 850. 47 seems high. I know every 850 owner is on SW so that may not be a true number. I ride an Axys and like however buying an 850 scares me so I’m looking at a Cat. I rode Cat for years before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features