• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evolution Powersports BIG CHUTE VIPER TURBO

J
Nov 27, 2007

what gas is that going to call for? Have you figured out your control? closed loop? or pre mapped for elevation changes? tell me more julio

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Testing at the ears (10,000') went flawlessly. We made a few adjustments to the maps, but are extremely pleased with how the sled performed. The throttle response is unbelievable even at this altitude. There are no bogs or flat spots. The water temperatures stayed within 5 degrees no matter how long the pull.

The fuel system has been converted to a rising rate with a fuel return rather than the dead head type from Yamaha. In our experience, this provides a more consistent fuel delivery as well as allowing the injectors to flow more. This will be part of the production kit.

The sled will be in Alpine all next week for more deep powder riding and data logging boost, lambda, water temps, intake air temps, etc.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Testing at the ears (10,000') went flawlessly. We made a few adjustments to the maps, but are extremely pleased with how the sled performed. The throttle response is unbelievable even at this altitude. There are no bogs or flat spots. The water temperatures stayed within 5 degrees no matter how long the pull.

The fuel system has been converted to a rising rate with a fuel return rather than the dead head type from Yamaha. In our experience, this provides a more consistent fuel delivery as well as allowing the injectors to flow more. This will be part of the production kit.

The sled will be in Alpine all next week for more deep powder riding and data logging boost, lambda, water temps, intake air temps, etc.
Any plans for sea level testing on this kit?

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
The transformation is complete.

A big thanks to B&M Fabrications for supplying us with a set of their outstanding running boards.

Also to Kevin from KMOD for our Big Chute Edition complete skid

Tomorrow we ride Alpine with some of the guys & gals from Thunderstruck.

20140316_162736_zps8cf7a067.jpg

20140316_162729_zps87be7c20.jpg

Last edited:

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
The transformation is complete.

A big thanks to B&M Fabrications for supplying us with a set of their outstanding running boards.

Also to Kevin from KMOD for our Big Chute Edition complete skid

Tomorrow we ride Alpine with some of the guys & gals from Thunderstruck.

Sled looks great Jim. Gonna have to throwa leg over one some day..it's just missing a real bumper... Send me over an address that I could ship this red one that is sitting here and I'll send it out ASAP.

Thanks,
Bryan.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Sled looks great Jim. Gonna have to throwa leg over one some day..it's just missing a real bumper... Send me over an address that I could ship this red one that is sitting here and I'll send it out ASAP.

Thanks,
Bryan.

Hey Bryan,

Thank you for the offer on the bumper - we will catch up when we are back in MN.

We also want to thank Paul from Fire and Ice for the Carbon Fiber Vents and Mountain Addiction for making the best (in our opinion) mountain friendly tunnel bags.

We rode Bedford today. The Viper ran flawlessly all day. We still have some clutching to refine.

More updates soon.

20140317_135322_resized_zps6402d6c6.jpg

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Riding today with Gene and Jay from WKMS, Cam from Turbie Performance and Kevin from Kmod. We are further refining our clutching today. Yesterday we did some good climbs - the power comes on HARD and the skis come up fairly easily. We could cat walk all day on this machine. Kevin is going lend his expertise on setting up the suspension to keep the front end in check.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Viper

I got to tell you this sled has potential, with a some minor clutch tuning this will be a sled to recon with. It comes on smooth and follows through very hard, very impressed with the overall pull that this turbo set up has. Clutches run cool, fueling was spot on, handles very agile, climbs like a full on mod sled, side hilling and down the trail with this set up is a blast also.
Looking forward to a Yamaha engine EVO sled in the future.
Had a good time, thanks to Jim, Todd, and Gene for a great day.
Kevin

EVO (800x600).jpg

J
Nov 27, 2007
first ride

I ran into jim and crew and got to tool around on the new viper for a bit. They were working on the clutching but it made all the power they claim and fit of everything was as expected from evo, perfect. julio

Premium Features