• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI 2014 Yamaha Viper Turbo kit

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
We have the final product done and almost ready to ship. We made some last minute fitment changes based on differences found on the production sleds. This is what the kit will look like when you get it. Everything is labeled and marked. The turbo assembly is ready to just drop right in. The muffler pictured is standard. It is 2lbs lighter then the stock muffler but will still pass sound requirements. If you don't care about sound we'll have a light weight race muffler available.<O:p</O:p

viper kit.jpg viper kit 2.jpg viper kit 1.jpg

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Matt & MPI. . . . The kit looks great!

Will you share the HP numbers that the kit is shipping set to?

Also what are safe pump gas boost numbers on the stock engine at sea level and then again at 8000+ ft?

With lowering the compression of the stock engine what kind of numbers can be expected?

Do you have any photos of the lightweight muffler version? Is the flow of such a version allowing the kit to produce more HP?

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Thanks

Turbo11T;3424401]Matt & MPI. . . . The kit looks great! Thanks

Will you share the HP numbers that the kit is shipping set to? 190HP

Also what are safe pump gas boost numbers on the stock engine at sea level and then again at 8000+ ft? 5-6# and 8-9#

With lowering the compression of the stock engine what kind of numbers can be expected? This turbo is good for 12# We will have a stage 2 option soon.

Do you have any photos of the lightweight muffler version? Is the flow of such a version allowing the kit to produce more HP?
Flow on the quiet muffler is really good. I don't think it buys you a whole lot of performance. Mostly weight savings.<O:p</O:p

Last edited:

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Is MPI offering a supercharger kit for the viper or are the S/C's a thing of the past?
We're still big fans of the supercharger. We decided to start out with the turbo because the demand is higher for the turbo. We will finalize our Supercharger kit by the first of the year.

Matt, What kind of turbo are you guys using?
Mitsubishi TDO4-15G. The same unit we used on the Nytro kits that we sold Yamaha. It’s a built proof unit. Our failure rate of the 500+ kits we sold is >1%.

Thanks for the update.
So 190 kit comes with IC?
What is pricing on this package and when is it available?

Yes our 190hp kit will come standard with an intercooler. This kit is capable of 240hp. The price is $4595.00ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>

Cheers
RS

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
What is required to bring the boost up to the 240hp level with the stage 1 kit? I would assume fuel pump or does it need larger injectors as well?

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
What is required to bring the boost up to the 240hp level with the stage 1 kit? I would assume fuel pump or does it need larger injectors as well?

Fuel pump for sure. I don't think injectors will be needed with this turbo. When increasing the boost so does the fuel requirements. The 190 kit will run on pump gas but depending on altitude and boost levels it might require a 50/50 race gas mix or full race. We will have a ECU re-flash soon to remove timing or you could install a head shim.<O:p</O:p

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
Matt,
I'm waiting for the new sleds to come out in Feb. It looks like Yamaha will add a long track to their viper and change the name for the mountain sled. I will most likely buy one and turbo it. I would like to decide what turbo kit to buy before I purchase a sled. I have been a loyal customer of MPI but with my new sled I want the best. I don't want to be the one doing the RD for a company. I want a turbo kit in the 270HP range that runs on pump gas. Is this something MPI is working on? I think MCX has a kit that uses a head shim that's producing 270HP. Please let me know.
Thanks

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Matt,
I'm waiting for the new sleds to come out in Feb. It looks like Yamaha will add a long track to their viper and change the name for the mountain sled. I will most likely buy one and turbo it. I would like to decide what turbo kit to buy before I purchase a sled. I have been a loyal customer of MPI but with my new sled I want the best. I don't want to be the one doing the RD for a company. I want a turbo kit in the 270HP range that runs on pump gas. Is this something MPI is working on? I think MCX has a kit that uses a head shim that's producing 270HP. Please let me know.
Thanks

Thanks for being a loyal MPI customer. You won't be doing any R&D on this turbo kit. We have more miles on this kit then we have ever put on any kit before this one. We have hundreds of these sold back east for all the short track guys. We are focusing hard right now on the stage 1 kit, but stage 2 is already moving forward. We have planned ahead so that upgrading your stage 1 or just starting out with the stage 2 will be real easy.<O:p</O:p

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
We just finished up build a few of these light weight race mufflers for our turbo kit. These only weigh 3.9lbs, 100% stainless steel and have that aggressive sound that some of you guys want. Direct bolt on. $279.00
viperturboracemuffler2_zps5c0088ba.jpg

viperturboracemuffler_zps42c9b5f2.jpg

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
Matt,
Is this going to be direct from MPI or are we going to be able to order it through Yamaha?

Premium Features