• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TRA clutch are they interchangeable with other years?

X
Mar 20, 2009
spokane
I have an 07 rev summit 800r with an 09 engine. I assume all the 07-present primary clutches off an 800R would work if not please let me know. Also will any earlier years work like 04 -06?? My clutch is shot big time pretty much all parts so I need to get a replacement. Ideas on a reasonably priced aftermarket clutch would also be appreciated. Thanks

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
TRA III or VII will work. The newer the better, I would look for a 09 or newer.
If you stationary sheave and governor cup (very outer piece with rubber damper) are OK, the rest can be replaced for a fairly reasonable price. We can do it for less than retail and minimal labor or just sell the parts. I try to keep all TRA parts in stock.

X
Mar 20, 2009
spokane
Everything is shot. grooves or wear on all pieces. I bought this sled with a blown motor so didnt know of this until I got it running.

Can you tell me what years are the TRA III. Thanks I am learning alot on clutching right now.

X
Mar 20, 2009
spokane
some clutches have an extra small piece of flywheel riveted on the front under the mount bolt. Does this matter in looking for my replacement? Will my clutch bolt still be the same one? IE same length? Also alot of different part numbers out there IE for tnt mxz Mine is a summit does it matter? I see alot of small variances. I know I change the ramps and weights but does anything else matter or any TRA 3-7 is good as long as I get the proper setup???

Thanks alot I appreciate all your knowledge.

Premium Features