• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'13 drive belt rubbing on belly pan

Nov 29, 2007
SW, MT
I pulled my drive belt side panel off today, after noticing a bunch of black plastic looking material all over where your foot would normally be on the running board.

I was hoping that it was only the "material" wearing off the belt like the dealer warned me about, but instead i found that my belt drive has almost worn a hole through the bellypan already!! My sled only has 2 or 3 miles on it, rode around my field!! Anyone else??????

Will try to post a picture later that i took with my phone (not very good, and it was getting dark already). I also have oil all over in the nose cone of the sled (appears to be leaking from donought joint from Y to the pipe itself??? This is a new one to me to??? Not to happy right now!

V
Mar 1, 2011
Washington
I have about 50 miles on mine and noticed a little bit of this too. I will be putting a skid plate on mine and may cut out the belly pan there for more clearance..

OnlyPolaris

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
It will take a good rip to heat up and seat the exhaust donut at the y-pipe. then your issue will go away. Your sled was most likely put on a dolly at the dealer which pushed the belly pan into the belt. Polaris has sent a team tip to the dealers quite a while ago about this.

V
Mar 1, 2011
Washington
It will take a good rip to heat up and seat the exhaust donut at the y-pipe. then your issue will go away. Your sled was most likely put on a dolly at the dealer which pushed the belly pan into the belt. Polaris has sent a team tip to the dealers quite a while ago about this.

With mine anyways, there were no marks on my pre-ride inspection. Granted, I did put my sled through some tough situations in those 50 miles...

Better than to risk having an issue, I want the skid plate to give rigidity to that area.

As for nearly having a hole worn in the pan like the OP, I could see that being from a sled lift at the dealer.

N
Nov 27, 2007
I installed the skid plate yesterday. Yes, it will do the job. However, I needed longer 3/16" diameter rivets. The 1/2" range steel rivets supplied with the plate were not long enough, I needed 5/8 - 3/4" range ones.

Nov 29, 2007
SW, MT
Thanks for the help guys, i had a skid plate installed at dealership before i ever picked it up. Now that you mention it, i think they brought the sled out with a dolly, i bet that's what did it??

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
I installed the skid plate yesterday. Yes, it will do the job. However, I needed longer 3/16" diameter rivets. The 1/2" range steel rivets supplied with the plate were not long enough, I needed 5/8 - 3/4" range ones.

True that, Tedd unlimited screwed the pooch on the hardware, wrong rivets guys!

T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or

True that, Tedd unlimited screwed the pooch on the hardware, wrong rivets guys!

I am really sorry to hear this guys... I will get a hold of them this morning and let them know that they need to supply longer rivets in the package as I am just a dealer for the company building them.

Do either of you need rivets? Or have you already sourced new ones? If you need them, let me know as I would be more than happy to send some out to you.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
I am really sorry to hear this guys... I will get a hold of them this morning and let them know that they need to supply longer rivets in the package as I am just a dealer for the company building them.

Do either of you need rivets? Or have you already sourced new ones? If you need them, let me know as I would be more than happy to send some out to you.

Sorry Tedd, I forgot you were just the distributor, not the manufacturer. I'm good, already installed. Thanks

T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or
Sorry Tedd, I forgot you were just the distributor, not the manufacturer. I'm good, already installed. Thanks

No worries on my end, just want to make sure that you are happy with any product you purchase through our company.

I have spoken with the manufacturer, and they are looking into changing the rivet length. Just an FYI.

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
No worries on my end, just want to make sure that you are happy with any product you purchase through our company.

Wow...what's this? A company making sure any problems are taken care of and that the customer is happy with their purchase of said product? Even going the extra way to remedy the problem and offer assistance to the customer in resolving an issue? What a novel idea. I think its called customer service. Not sure though.

Too bad the big companies (cough,cough) Polaris, can't do the same for all of us.

Good on ya Tedd. I'll be looking into your products...

Himarker

Nov 29, 2007
SW, MT
Talked to dealer and they figured out that there "new mechanic" must have moved it with there dolly, and weakened that plastic, so they are going to replace it on there dime. Good to have a great dealership behind ya!!!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
No, keep it and let them put on a skid that Polaris should be coming out with unless they don 't think it needs a skid .

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Something like this ....................... you would think that they would of thought of this and put it in their accessory list , or is it to soon ? The bill will be in the mail .

IMG_20121130_174120_529.jpg

Last edited:

827revdog

Jun 18, 2008
michigan
how did your plate install go besides rivets. ? mine doest seem to fit flat , about a 1/2 inch gap at one corner. like the buckets not deep enough, was gonna call tedd unlimited today but got busy.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
how did your plate install go besides rivets. ? mine doest seem to fit flat , about a 1/2 inch gap at one corner. like the buckets not deep enough, was gonna call tedd unlimited today but got busy.

It is less than a perfect fit. You will need to push really hard when setting the rivets.

Premium Features