• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heavier Throttle Spring

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
I put a longer riser on my sled, and obviously a longer throttle cable. Longer cable kept setting of the TORS no matter how I routed it.

I disabled the TORS (which is useless because I use a tether) which solved my problem there, but my return spring seems kind of weak now.

When I pull the throttle it opens, but it is slow to close.

Is it possible to add another spring or a stronger spring to the return to combat this? Has anyone else done this?

Thanks

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
iam guessing you used all the adjustment on the clip in the throttle block?

Actually very little. It's a RSI extended cable which has adjustment on both ends, but it's just long enough to drag a little.

It still functions, and it's more of a preference or anal retention, I just like the feel of a "snappy" throttle and it just feels "mushy."

I was just thinking about either adding another spring to it, or if it's possible to get another spring that is stiffer.

J
Nov 27, 2007
cable

odd I have one on my apex it made no difference to the feel of the throttle just kinda wish it was a bit shorter I didnt need the extra 6 inches of cable.

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
odd I have one on my apex it made no difference to the feel of the throttle just kinda wish it was a bit shorter I didnt need the extra 6 inches of cable.

I know I feel the same way. Kind of overkill on the length. I was only a couple inches short on my stock cable.

B

BOOSTIN-BAYOU

Mar 26, 2011
layton UT
TORS

I there anything special a person would need to do when you remove the TORS i think its cause me starting issues and high ideling issues i also run a tether

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
I there anything special a person would need to do when you remove the TORS i think its cause me starting issues and high ideling issues i also run a tether

I would think you'd be OK with just a tether. I hated the TORS!! I'd be wide open and I'd get the code (slamming me into the bars). It thought my wide open throttle was unintentional apparently.

Premium Features