• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Delrin Washers...

06IQRMK

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
Ok, im going to stomach my pride and just ask to re-assure myself. putting Delrin washers in my secondary on my pro. I've heard that you put one under the cup, i've also heard run two under the spring cup. I have most recently been told by the salesmen I bought my sled from that the washer also goes between the spring and the cup, not under the cup. Anyone have an "installing delrins for dummies guide" ?? Seemed like the easiest thing in the world to do, but everyone seems to do it differently? Im thinking two under the spring cup would be the best?
Thoughts?

06IQRMK

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
SLP Sells them, they are super slippery plastic washers that keep your secondary clutch parts from grinding on each other, metal to metal. I've been told they free up up to 150 rpms from those parasitic friction monsters. :face-icon-small-sho

U
Nov 29, 2007
delrins

first trip i put 2 under the cup and it worked good this trip I am gonna try 1 under the cup and 1 under each end of the spring.

H

HPJUNKIE

Nov 5, 2003
Ok, im going to stomach my pride and just ask to re-assure myself. putting Delrin washers in my secondary on my pro. I've heard that you put one under the cup, i've also heard run two under the spring cup. I have most recently been told by the salesmen I bought my sled from that the washer also goes between the spring and the cup, not under the cup. Anyone have an "installing delrins for dummies guide" ?? Seemed like the easiest thing in the world to do, but everyone seems to do it differently? Im thinking two under the spring cup would be the best?
Thoughts?

You will get answers of 1, 2, 3. All will help verses none at all. Some say 3 add too much extra lb's pressure/installed height, etc. I find that hard to believe, especially when even the best springs are +/- 5% tolerance. Kind of like asking when going for a beer "with the guys", what's the correct number? 1, 2, or 3? L.O.L.......

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
Also a good tip when installing Delrins is to take a paper wheel grinder or even a hand file works, smooth off both ends of the springs where the spring wire terminates. They typically are rather ruff and will cut into the delrin (worst case scenario). Just smooth them out so there are no sharp edges. Every little bit helps and delrins will last for years.

H
Dec 12, 2009
You may get answers 1, 2, and 3. But 1 and 2 grew up eating paint chips and watching wrestling. Stacking POM thermoplastics on top of one another will actually create more heat and friction, so don't stack washers.

As per the company that designed these, the washer goes between the sheave and the spring cup.

B
Jan 3, 2011
sask
www.youtube.com
no one has made a shift assist for one yet,the cat comes with the washer in stock but u can buy a thin bearing type one that helps a ton,have done this to all my cats in the past i wonder if these washers r the same anyone have a pic and size as i have some washers and shift assists in my shop

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
im picking up 3 from the dealer today and putting them in one under the cup and one on either end of the spring.
you just have to file your spring ends so they dont chew up the washer

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
im picking up 3 from the dealer today and putting them in one under the cup and one on either end of the spring.
you just have to file your spring ends so they dont chew up the washer

thats what i did... but at the time everybody was making it sound like it was supposed to go in the cup on either end of the spring now everybody is saying between the cups and sheaves.. i used all three. 2 in cup 1 out. im not worried

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I would agree.

SLP and Team both suggest placing one derlin under the spring cup.

You may get answers 1, 2, and 3. But 1 and 2 grew up eating paint chips and watching wrestling. Stacking POM thermoplastics on top of one another will actually create more heat and friction, so don't stack washers.

As per the company that designed these, the washer goes between the sheave and the spring cup.

Premium Features