• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power Addiction Head 13.6 8000+ Anyone have any complaints?

R
Brad i took the baffles outta the air box and installed 4 slp flow rites in the dash,so are u saying if i wanna run the PA head the sled will det all the time?
If it does det all the time with what i have done is it recommened putting baffles back in and somehow covering the 4 holes?
Any word if it would det with the stock head and the vents into the airbox?

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
www.poweraddictionracing.com
You can try it. All that will happen is the det goes off very regular. I think by removing the baffels in the airbox screws up the airflow or something. I had a friend who tried it and was not very sucesful with it so he put the baffels back in.

Brad

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
rudy, we went thru this with the dragons, the shape of the airbox/horns actually improve air flow into the motor..tampering with them causes issues..now with that said..the one thing I did to my 11 pro last season..is added a 2" flow rite into the top of the airbox(exact same spot where slp recommends thier powder valve be installed), once installed I then put a peice of duct tape over the flow rite...on those super deep snow days..remove the tape..instant air source for the motor that does not plug up..sled can submarine in snow all day with zero issues..once back in shallower snow..replace tape...thats the only issue we ran across last season with our pro's..on the super deep days they would bog out from intakes plugging...

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
What about the air box kit from SLP and V force reeds? I went for a ride last weekend and hit the det twice on the trail going up but didnt the rest of the day, I added more race fuel for the ride tomorrow...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
What about the air box kit from SLP and V force reeds? I went for a ride last weekend and hit the det twice on the trail going up but didnt the rest of the day, I added more race fuel for the ride tomorrow...
most anything you get from slp..will be very well tested..and do exactly what they say it does..as long as you dont throw in a monkey wrench(like head,reeds power commander on a aftermarket pipe thats not slp's..)...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
AK,here is a pic of what i did,so are saying not recommended.If not i might just cover them up for now and see how it runs in the mtns
I doubt that will hurt anything..all you are doing with the vents is allowing more air access to the box..not really affecting the airflow except when the stock intakes plug..shouldnt be an issue..take some black duct tape along..any issues crop up..tape them shut and see if it cures it...

R
This is what i LOVE about this site,i ask a question and get a real honest answer...I do try to search as much as possible before posting a repeat thread....Thanks alot to all the guys who made this site what it is and helped me out in my threads...

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
I think Brad, Rudy and AK are talking about different things. I might be wrong but Brad is speaking of the airhorns in the airbox which is down by the throttle bodies. I think everyone agrees that you need to leave those alone. Rudy is referring to the baffles in the intake(in the hood) and adding more inlets to this area. I dont see this causing a problem being so far upstream from the throttle bodies. The baffles are there to reduce the intake noise and only downside to adding the flowrites is that they are horizontal and will have a tendency to clog easy versus the vertical design of the SLP intake.

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
www.poweraddictionracing.com
I think Brad, Rudy and AK are talking about different things. I might be wrong but Brad is speaking of the airhorns in the airbox which is down by the throttle bodies. I think everyone agrees that you need to leave those alone. Rudy is referring to the baffles in the intake(in the hood) and adding more inlets to this area. I dont see this causing a problem being so far upstream from the throttle bodies. The baffles are there to reduce the intake noise and only downside to adding the flowrites is that they are horizontal and will have a tendency to clog easy versus the vertical design of the SLP intake.

Yes this is very true. Thanks for makeing that clear.

Premium Features