• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

shock comparison

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
hey guy. i have been thinking about swapping out the shocks on my dragon for somehting else. FIRST OFF... the front walker evans have been replaced with the standard rmk ryde fx shocks.

i talked to carls cycle and they told me about fox zero pros and they fit my price range, so i have been thinking i will go with them. BUT.....

how are the new pro rmk coil over walker evans compared to the ryde fx and zero pros?

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
My stock coil overs on my Pro Ride are an improvement over the old gas walkers, but not in the same ballpark as the Fox. I would go with the Fox, they are a good shock. The walker needles are decent too, I wouldn't overlook them.

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
coming off an M i think the ones on my pro are every bit as good if not better than the zero's. just this weekend i jumped over a little hump and guess what another hump on the other side. plowed into the second lip and thought for sure i was gonna meet the bars, but the walker evens sucked it up and only felt my chest touch the grab bar! would have been a MUCH harder hit on the M, not sure if thats all shock, with the pro being soooooo good its hard to tell:) x2 on the assault shocks, but think the front is wider on the assault, so not sure if they are the same length...

Last edited:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
hey guy. i have been thinking about swapping out the shocks on my dragon for somehting else. FIRST OFF... the front walker evans have been replaced with the standard rmk ryde fx shocks.

i talked to carls cycle and they told me about fox zero pros and they fit my price range, so i have been thinking i will go with them. BUT.....

how are the new pro rmk coil over walker evans compared to the ryde fx and zero pros?

Have you talked to Carls about their "shock mod"? I did that on mine before taking delivery and they are almost as good as my Fox Floats on my other sled. In my opinion....this is well worth the money.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Make sure you get the shock package that is designed for your buggy...the PRO versus the IQ RAW is two different animals and changing such things messes with how your complete sled performs. The front ride height and suspension works directly with your rear suspension. Also note the PRO shock bushings are a different diameter then the iq raw so a direct bolt in from model to model is not possible without a correction.

The FOX Zero Pro combo from Carl's is a great package and very reasonably priced for the felt benefits on your IQ RAW chassis. You dont get the flexability of the Fox air systems for manipulating your pressures but over all the setup is really nice and you will see a big improvement over the rydes. So here is my question to you. How much better did you feel the ryde springers were over the walker airs? Remember our discussion on expectations? Some of that applies here.

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
Rob, I hate to say it...but that just might be the best post I've seen from you in a while. Very informative and not trying to sell people on some Evols, betterboards, or some other ****...

Straight to the point and answering the question raised:cheer2:

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
thanks f-bomb. you make great points. i bought the sled with the ryde's on it so i never got to feel the walker airs. and yes, if my expectations are to high here, i will be dissapointed with the purchase. after talking with you i am happy with my BB and know what to get next time i order... which i will!!

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
I changed out my WE coilovers on my Pro, because I was not completely satisfied due to the lack of adjustment. Additionally, I wanted to get rid of the sway bar, and they are to spongy w/o it. That said, I got some Z-bros coilovers that are extremely nice. I rode them w/o the sway bar, and it was fine, but I actually just put the bar back on and rode it today, and am thinking that this sled may be the first one I own that the sway bar stays. Anyhow......the WE coilovers, are a very good shock, the needles w/remote res, are even better yet, however they will never be a EVOL X or ZBros X-1 (expectations, like Rob said). I'm not sure on length for your sled either if they would work or not. The Fox Zero's are a good shock, and Carl's does an excellent job valving.
Just a side note, I do have my WE off my Pro, and will sell them if you decide that you would rather go that direction

Premium Features