• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Union Bay 670 to 740 big bore kit.

T
Oct 5, 2009
Hello I have a 98 MXZ670 I just bought a new engine which turned out to be a damn close to fresh rebuilt Union Bay bigbore, with new crank, bearings etc. I removed high compression heads and rotor plate so i could run my oil injection, and not need to run race fuel. I got the motor in the sled today and OMG she F****** screams. Does anyone have any idea about what the Hp rating this would prolly be? THe guy who built the motor said with the heads and race gas plus bigger bore carb was running 175hp. No sure if this is accurate but the engine was spectacular, and people are goign to be pissed but I only paid $500 for it with less than 500 miles on it. Anyone with experience with these union bay kits please inform me if u can. I have all the stuff I did not use if anyone is interested in the union bay high comp heads rotor plate, carb boots, misc anondized blue. Thanks Tim

T
Oct 5, 2009
Just the stock exhaust. THe guy had some custom twin pipes but he had to cut the hood to get them to fit. My sled is damn near mint so I did not want to cut into it. Any idea where I can get some exhaust for it? or maybe even a can? Thanks for your help here pal. Tim

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Jaws twins work well but Union Bay typically ran Crank Shop twins. Order some Crank Shop 670 twins #10 stampings to Val Simmons specs. They should know what you need. Regardless get the stock pipe off there and then the power come to life. Should be 160-165hp depending on the porting.

T
Oct 5, 2009
Thanks pal going to do that right now. This will be a sick machine, it already scares me so I guess a little more **** in the pants cannot hurt. Thanks again for the insight

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
man i wonder if that was the problem with my 740 UB?? :0 i live at 4300 feet and never ride lower unless i went to Yanks peak, revy, golden, or valmont?? no wait how high is Yanks banditpowder??? ( you can tell how much i ride there)

Premium Features