• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

zx adrenaline to summit is it worth it?

A
Jan 30, 2008
Minnesota
I have an 03 zx adrenaline 700 and I put a 144 2inch under it is it worth changing over all steering and suspension parts over to a summit and if so should i ditch the stock skid for a summit skid is there that much of a differece? Or am I just beating a dead horse?

A
Jan 30, 2008
Minnesota
I have had it a 144 for 4 years now took it to idaho last 2 years doing mostly boondocking thats why i like the144 so much, everyone i ride with run mostly f7 cats 2 m8 151 and a rev 151 800 obviously a little slow keeping up going up! but alot of my problem i think is i cant fly the skis. I also ride 2 times a year in u.p mich and when i can here in minnesota just swap out 2in for 1.25

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Being from Flatlanderville, I'd go with a nice handle bar riser and higher gear ratio and MBRP trail can and call it good. May need a bit less angle or single angle in the helix when heading to Idaho.

Last edited:
A
Jan 30, 2008
Minnesota
I have a 2in pivot rox rises and a 4in fabcraft bar, precision can,diffrent helix and a clutch kit in the primary, 800 reed cages and the motor has a 600h.o botom end and 700 cylinders and pistons. I copied the geaaring from a summit of that year. it just won't float the skis. Maybe the rear isn't set right? I'm 5'11 210?

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
sound like quite the collection of components. I woulddial in more preload pressure on the front rear spring and turn the torsion spring adjuster block to a softer setting and let out the limited strap. dial out a bit of preload on the front shocks.

sound like quite the collection of components. I woulddial in more preload pressure on the front rear spring and turn the torsion spring adjuster block to a softer setting and let out the limited strap. dial out a bit of preload on the front shocks.

Yup... bang on... loosen limiter strap... I think the rear shock/spring is ok... especially if you are pushing 210 without the gear. Loosen the limiter strap bolt by about 1" and that will help lift the skis off a bit... you don't want the skis more than 4-6" off the ground otherwise you will be losing the benefit of more lugs being on the snow which equals more stucks!!!

Premium Features