• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Triple S Chassis`s and Mods, How many stiil out There.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
wildcard
how was it putting the rev skid in there:confused:
i should do the same to mine

It wasn`t to difficult, but did take some calculating, for starters the ctc measurement is longer on an 06`up skid than the 97`original skid the Rev Skid is 32inchs ,but the front arm is longer than the original also I don`t remember how much now but I could check. so have to consider that if you try it.

I mounted the skid once and the track didn`t lay flat so I ended up droping the front hole to lay the track flat and then I didn`t like the change in approach angle so I traded my 151 rails for some 144`s and then slid the skid back 3.5 inchs front the new holes, sounds confusing but wasn`t really all that bad. I could take some measurements if you were interested.

Also in 06` skidoo didn`t have a adjustable limiter strap, so I fabbed the the adjuster mechanism off the 97` arm to the 06` adding a adjustable strap option.

Wildcard28

047-3.jpg

007.jpg

H
Nov 28, 2008
The Wack B.C.
The only thing that is stock on my sled is the tunnel!! But iam not really into buying one! Might try building one but other then that i think ill just sell her for a good price and buy a turbo or something with lots of power!!!

justin

Sounds good! So on another note do you have any pow yet. The Coquahalla has been getting about 15-20cm a day. Your sled must work good with your combination.

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
The previous pictures show the rebuidable aluminum bodied HPG shocks and lightweight trailing arms. The one picture shows the kicked up tunnel extension I did when I went to the 159 track. I also painted the hood vents yellow to give more contrast to the blue.

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
I bought them off ebay for $33. The tubes will intercahnge with the ones jsledder has except I may need to shorten shaft if I ever need one. They are aluminum and chrome moly and very light.

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
The previous pictures show the rebuidable aluminum bodied HPG shocks and lightweight trailing arms. The one picture shows the kicked up tunnel extension I did when I went to the 159 track. I also painted the hood vents yellow to give more contrast to the blue.

Nice lookin sled, I dont think im fealing those yellow vents though... ;):p

1106091038.jpg

1106091039.jpg

Last edited:
S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
That is funny about the cover and chickens. I think you should buy the 151 inch track and tunnel extension I have to take advantage of the power you have. The sled does look good just odd knowing where the hood was before.

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
That is funny about the cover and chickens. I think you should buy the 151 inch track and tunnel extension I have to take advantage of the power you have. The sled does look good just odd knowing where the hood was before.

Do you have the rail extensions too? PM me with a price on all of it. My stock drivers will work right?

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
what did you use to remove the Summit stickers? Did you have fun gettin all the glue off ??? I`d like to do that to my Hood.

Wildcard28

Hair dryer on high and a razor. It never wanted to peel off, so be ready to rip peices off one by one. Honestly took me about 5 hours JUST to take the decals off (both sides), and another hour to get the sticker goo off, it liked to ball up. (used turpentine and SEVERAL rags/towels to scrub it off). WHAT... A... B***H!

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
I think I will give it a shot, Come to think of it I have heard of stuff you can mist on that helps like the sticker a little better, not sure how well it works, I think I can get some from the Body shop next door to my shop. Maybe I can finaly put the hairdryer in my shop to use.

Also been thinkin of painting the lower sides of my hood Black or possible Blue so it looks Yellow down the center and Black around the sides, I have a pic of a similiar paint on a sled i saved the pic off Dootalk .

Wildcard28

Premium Features