• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightweight seat/undertunnel exhaust in Canada?

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
I'm wanting to get a Mountain Mod style seat and go with an undertunnel exhaust this year for my Ape MTX.

I can easily find this stuff in the US but anyone familiar with where to get Mountain Mod seats or TJ's exhaust/Excel exhaust in Canada?

And what do you guys recommend for an exhaust, Tj's or Excel Mountain Lite?
They definitely seem similar in build/design.

J

jaws

Feb 25, 2008
R u concerned with ice-up with under tunnel exhaust?i have heard it is a problem any input?

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
Thanks guys, and for anyone interested in an under tunnel exhaust I just found out E + S Motorcycles in Fort Saskatchewan are making them with heat shields and all hardware for $600. The more I talk to these guys about boost the more I trust them, Darren seems to be the boost guy around Edmonton. They will be installing a headshim, cam timing, blow off v/v, some tubes on the I/C which help with idling?, and an RB3 for me this winter. Cannot wait to just turn key and ride for once.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i have an excell mtn lite with a mtn mod front mount turbo seat. and its great. just gotta make a little sheild for the top. very light combination and sounds great.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
yes under the rear portion of the tunnel. i've heard that cutting down the snowflap and putting a small peice of metal over the exhaust tip (directs exhaust flow straight down) will fix this, i'm gonna cut down the snowflap and i have considered ditching the rad and putting a cooler in the rear or spraying just the bottom with pam every few rides. a smack on the top of tunnel knocks it down also.

Premium Features