• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

carb boots for 800 VES

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
What carb boot set up works the best? I tried the ones for the PRO X chassis and i still had issues with the jack shaft.

Thanks

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Carb Boots

I would recommend Brad at Power Addictions billet boots. I ran Pro-X boots for awhile. I have seen people run Pro-X boots and put a spring or wire to the head then to the carbs to pull them up slightly. But, I have also seen the boots rip after awhile of riding from this. I have the Power Addictions boots and have had no problems.

bart0678

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
dude i dont know how many threads you are going to start about this same topic. i have posted and posted and shown pictures of the 2001 gen 2 800 carb boots for the iqr 800bb motors are the way to go. with this set up there was enough room to run the factory airbox or pods with plenty of clearance to the jack shaft. just run these and you will be set.
adam

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
What are you using for a engine plate with those gen 2 boots?? I run open pods on mine with a Power Addiction engine plate. Wouldn't mind running the stock airbox. Although I did run pods with no problems.

bart0678

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
i ran brads plate. i used the stock airbox and shelf in the hood cut to fit twins. i had some pictures running around on here if you look at all of iownu's other posts on this subject. let me know if you cant find them.
adam

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
bart, I tried gen2 rmk boots from an '01 with brad's plate and they absolutely would not work in mine until I flipped the boots upside down. Then I made my own airbox. I'm curious to see how you got those boots to work right side up because my carbs were not even close to fitting

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
bart, I tried gen2 rmk boots from an '01 with brad's plate and they absolutely would not work in mine until I flipped the boots upside down. Then I made my own airbox. I'm curious to see how you got those boots to work right side up because my carbs were not even close to fitting
X2! My carb boots got so wore out that they didn't hold the carbs? I got brads number, I will give him a call

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Bart what engine plate where you using?? I don't think it could of been Brad's. Sits to low in the chassis. Could be wrong.

bart0678

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
it was brads plate in an 07 chassis.
i realize there has been a lot of debate about this and i cant seem to figure out why but it seems chassis to chassis are different to some extent. i also built an 06 and the prox boots worked great. but in my 07 chassis the pro ex boots would let the pods rub on the jack shaft. same exact setup otherwise. keep in mind both of these sleds were raced prior to this conversion but i would hope that the chassis were not that tweaked. its just one of those things where every sled and plate combo my be slightly different. if the motor mount surface is different by a couple degrees or the tabs on the motor plate are different by a couple degrees, over the 12in or so leaver arm length of the plate would equate to a significant difference in height between the carbs and jackshaft.
thats what worked for me though.
adam

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
brads boots are about the only thing that works regardless of what u run. i ran the pro x boots and ruined a set of filters cause they rubbed on the jack shaft. some people get them to work with puttin spacers on the motor mounts but that throws ur cc off. i highly suggest brads carb boots

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
Adam did you fit the pipes and what brand are they? I am going to have a fab. guy fit my pipes so the underhood air plenum does not melt onto the pipes.

Thanks for the info.-mike

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Bart: I thought we where talking about getting the airbox onto a 800. But it seems like you guys are saying the pods where rubbing on your jackshaft (not a airbox). Airbox with a 800 or not?.

Premium Features