• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Convert to Dragon A-Arms

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
So I have a set of 09' A-Arms that I am planning to run. I tore down then right side and mocked the Dragon A-Arms up. Looking at them they don't seem to wide enough to bolt up into the mount on the bulkhead. I don't have the bushing yet, but they still don't look like they will fit. All the research I did showed that the 09' A-Arms will work. Anyone know if they do or don't? and if I just need to chill out and get the bushing?

FYI: I will have the racer A-Arms, brads spindles and Fox Floats for sale in the garage sale area.

J
Oct 12, 2002
Idaho, Meridian
I've got holz a-arms on mine off a dragon and even crammed a swaybar in.
They will fit I promise. You can always stop by and take a look at Carls sled or mine if you have any questions.

Fast_XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Do you have any pics of the swaybar install?
Could you post them?
Thanks,
Neil

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
Okay, i have the front end put together, but I have a question. The radius rods for the steering look like they might be a bit short in order to get everything aligned. Hane any of you ran into this and how did you correct it? It looks like I could adjust that heim joints that sit infront of and below the motor, do I need to mess with those? Thanks for the help. P.S. I am looking for 17'' ctc Floats if anyone has them.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Okay, i have the front end put together, but I have a question. The radius rods for the steering look like they might be a bit short in order to get everything aligned. Hane any of you ran into this and how did you correct it? It looks like I could adjust that heim joints that sit infront of and below the motor, do I need to mess with those? Thanks for the help. P.S. I am looking for 17'' ctc Floats if anyone has them.

You need to run the Dragon tie rods as well. Then adjust accordingly for your alignment.

P.S.

The 17.25 inch floats work fine and are ready available, same as most Revs. Get the float 2's if you can afford to shell out the extra coin, definitely worth it.

K
Sep 19, 2009
Has anyone tried to install grease zerks on the a arms to keep them lubed? Insted of taking everything apart and lubing them for the season?
Is there no room with the bolt?

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
Thanks for the info. I have the Dragon tie rods so I should be able to get everything squared up. I am running SLP Powder Pros and mocked them up last night. It looks like I need spacers between the saddle and spindle, any info on this or do I need different saddles?

Premium Features