• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avalanche danger in Snowies

revrider04

Premium Member
Jan 25, 2010
Headed to Snowies next week. Where can I find Avalanche reports? Areas to avoid? I’ve read Seven Fools is a place to avoid. We like to play on small slopes. Staying in Albany. Do we have to travel to the top to find areas to play in ? Thank you

longvalley

Premium Member
Dec 21, 2014
get a trail map at the lodge. with the new snow there should be plenty of places to play to stay out of trouble. lots of valleys and meadows off trail "t"north of "q". plus many other play areas

jotool

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2015
The front range is closest you are going to get. There is an app called Avalanche Forecasts that works well. It is easy to use and it is good to check it daily when riding and for several days before your trip. My brother is out riding right now and has had great riding!

revrider04

Premium Member
Jan 25, 2010
Thanks for the info . Typical, plan a trip and it gets in the 40’s 3 days before we get there! Don’t track it all up this weekend fellas☺️ I assume conditions are good now?
I think we played off T last time I was there and on the west side of range between trail and mountain. Been too long?

Premium Features