• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 apex Having issues with a random no fuel pump, or sometimes no crank issue.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Hi guys!, So last year on some cold days like -20C out or so, the sled would not start. And by that I mean the fuel pump would not run when I turned the key on. It'd crank but no fuel pump. So I replaced that little Starter relay/solenoid unit this past fall thinking maybe thats the problem? Well tonight after a day of sledding, its about -4C out and I changed my fuel filter as I had some issues earlier with fueling it seemed... so I go to try and fire my sled up after and now I got the fuel pump, but just a CLICK and no crank. I tried about 2 times then the 3rd time it cranked over and fired up...., Battery is GOOD I just replaced it for this winter so I know It's not like a low voltage clicking.

Does this problem somehow have anything to do with that starter solenoid unit? between fuel pump not wanting to run or now the clicking? I know that the fuel pump and stuff seem to get power through the solenoid unit? If you leave that connector off of it, my gauges I *think* if i remember right, light up, but the fuel pump doesnt run. I know there are a bunch of relays and all that above the footwell, but I have no idea which one does what.

Any tips/pointers on what its likely to be would be appreciated.

The sled is a 06

Last edited:

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Hi guys!, So last year on some cold days like -20C out or so, the sled would not start. And by that I mean the fuel pump would not run when I turned the key on. It'd crank but no fuel pump. So I replaced that little Starter relay/solenoid unit this past fall thinking maybe thats the problem? Well tonight after a day of sledding, its about -4C out and I changed my fuel filter as I had some issues earlier with fueling it seemed... so I go to try and fire my sled up after and now I got the fuel pump, but just a CLICK and no crank. I tried about 2 times then the 3rd time it cranked over and fired up...., Battery is GOOD I just replaced it for this winter so I know It's not like a low voltage clicking.

Does this problem somehow have anything to do with that starter solenoid unit? between fuel pump not wanting to run or now the clicking? I know that the fuel pump and stuff seem to get power through the solenoid unit? If you leave that connector off of it, my gauges I *think* if i remember right, light up, but the fuel pump doesnt run. I know there are a bunch of relays and all that above the footwell, but I have no idea which one does what.

Any tips/pointers on what its likely to be would be appreciated.

The sled is a 06

Contact this guy on snow and mud ( overkill131313 ) , he was haveing same problem i think , tryed everthing ended up being ECU , i sold him mine

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Contact this guy on snow and mud ( overkill131313 ) , he was haveing same problem i think , tryed everthing ended up being ECU , i sold him mine

Interesting, thanks for the info. Well I solved my clicking. I could not BELIEVE it but it was my brand new starter solenoid. I put my old one back in... I almost had to bail out on my ride today!... but the odd cold weather no fuel pump on a cold start is still a issue to be found and solved.

Premium Features