• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 t-nytro 5lbs boost only

M
Nov 27, 2007
Fort st. John B.C
i have an 08 t-nytro & boost controller does not do anything all the way in or out stays at 5lbs boost. it is an ulmer 180 kit updated with fuel pump & regulator. i will call Allen tomorrow just thought i would ask thanks

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
or spring & ball in controller are rusty,just pull spring & ball out then try but be careful & watch boost gauge or it will overboost.

ust421

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bemidji, MN
I can about bet that the waste gate is open. we just had this trouble on a buddies sled. Allen had told him not to touch it when he installed the kit, but we couldn't build any more boost so we dug into it ourselves the waste gate was set about 1/2 open. tough to build boost like that.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
the ball was already removed ,that was the first thing i checked because my buddies did the same thing & it was the ball stuck like you said thanks

definitely a boost leak then,make sure your header bolts & turbo bolts have not come loose,you need to pressurize your system

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
there needs to be tension on that waste gate...

you can pressurize with an air hose and then a low pressure regulator (about $10 at hardware store)

Premium Features