• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 IQR 800 mod engine straps needed

L
Mar 7, 2008
I have a set, but you could also go with brads plate then you don't need the extra modifications like the bent steering column

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
so i need to change the steering with the straps what is different with the plat is it higher or lower

Lower then d you were to se the mod straps all u have to do with the plate is shave a little of the bulkhead to clear the fron lef corner of the motor. He stock cc stays the same an no othe mods are needed otherthen pipe and carbs Theres a very good write up on hcs about this swap using brads plate

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
so i need to change the steering with the straps what is different with the plat is it higher or lower

Brads plate mounts the motor about 1.5 lower and a little more rowards the clutch side of the sled. You need to get the mod steering post if you are using the factory straps.

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
I foud I had to modify my steering hoop even with brad's plate or it durn near hit the spark plug. Now I can get a plug wrench on it no problem. If you are taking on this project the steering post/hoop is one of the smaller challenges no biggee;)

T
Nov 26, 2007
I need a set of these straps as well. I have an 05 800 mod chassis and need the stock straps. I PM'd people who responded with no response back. If anyone has a set,that they are willing to sell, let me know. Thanks.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I need a set of these straps as well. I have an 05 800 mod chassis and need the stock straps. I PM'd people who responded with no response back. If anyone has a set,that they are willing to sell, let me know. Thanks.

You can just drill the stock 440 straps for it if you have access to a drill press and a little bit of precision measuring. Just an idea

R
Sep 7, 2008
1-435-881-6665 is Brads number. I ordered my plate as a blank with no engine mounting holes drilled and then did the rest myself. I have no interference with the steering post at all and had to slightly modify the PTO end of the steering hoop to get the plug cap on.

Premium Features