• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

S.E. Idaho, who's riding this weekend and where?

M
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
I am going to get my first ride in this weekend!

Where is everyone going this weekend? Where is there enough snow for even a trail ride?

Anyone ridden Preston area yet? Anywhere closer to Pocatello than Island Park?

T
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, ID
I am riding Island Park both Saturday and Sunday. I havent been able to keep the ski's on the ground yet so it should be interesting.

Does anybody know if they are grooming anything up there??

80 ponies

Nov 26, 2007
Bancroft Idaho
I went up to eight mile ( Soda Springs) last friday. not too bad for a road ride. We got more snow since then so I might go again tomorrow.

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Was up to bone yesterday and drove all the way to blackfoot res. in 2 wheel drive in the jeep. Tops there is 6 in on the ground up there. Its going to take a couple of BIG storms before its ridable.

T

tgoodwin

Dec 6, 2007
Blackfoot
Franklin Basin is still a no-go, only about a foot. Soda's a little better maybe 2 feet. I've seen people heading up to Inman but can't imagine there's more that 6-12 inches in the parking lot, maybe a couple feet up high. Right now if you want the snow you've got to head to I.P. or into Wyoming. I'm dieing to get into some steep and deep, what the hell's the point in buying a new sled if you can't use it for what it's made.

L
Nov 26, 2007
Preston Idaho
I road copenhagen sat. and in to Paris meadows and alot of rocks on the road. unless we get at least another 1' before this weekend you woun't see me going. Then it will still be, just a road ride. The snow marker on the steeps is at a foot and a half.

80 ponies

Nov 26, 2007
Bancroft Idaho
I wasnt able to go up 8-mile today. Buddys bailed on me so I thought i would go up pebble (other side of Inman) rode up to the campground where there is only about 6-8" on the picnic tables. And it was all fluff

M
Nov 26, 2007
Pocatello, Idaho
8-Mile

Really thin at the bottom, but better than expected up top. Great first day!:D

firstride074.jpg

firstride073.jpg

firstride072.jpg

firstride071.jpg

G
Dec 16, 2007
Went with MountainPowder!

My back is sore! All that break-dancing on the seat, did it! I was happy to be riding in 2-3ft of powder! I think we hit the sweet spot- finding all that powder! It was still snowing on top when we left! We were going to ride Inman, but we are glad we changed our mind! :D

:camera:

Premium Features