• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Mountain Cat... New tank, new seat?

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
And you dont think the Catfish looking 850 isn't hideous? lol

I thought more like a Carp, but I can see the catfish resemblance. No matter what they do they cant hide that, although they try with the marketing pictures they post!

-Stack

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Little more to it than that

I see two switches and two buttons?

Edit: Ahhhh the throttle block. Forgot the killswitch is attached. That makes sense.

Last edited:

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I've had a couple of them on different sleds. Always had good luck. They are light, don't hold moisture, are nice and low, look nice and have a tacky feel to them so if you use your knees on it they don't slide around.

We get it Dave, you wear green underwear and swing from Arctic's nutsack. Typical brand loyal minion, nothing of value to add, when backed into a corner just bash the competition's looks. LOL

No, you came into the Cat forum bashing , I did not go into the Doo or Poo forum bashing, and I provided feedback about the WRP seat, I had 3 seats replaced in one season, just a fact, sorry if dont like criticism

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
No, you came into the Cat forum bashing , I did not go into the Doo or Poo forum bashing, and I provided feedback about the WRP seat, I had 3 seats replaced in one season, just a fact, sorry if dont like criticism

Me whining about how a seat looks and what I can do to change that hardly qualifies as bashing. But congrats on getting through an entire post without talking about something looking like a catfish.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Does this kit have factory style plugs, basically plug and play?

Yes. Completely plug and play, aluminum throttle block, etc. I put my hand up for one. They are in production stage now I believe.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Those seats do look pretty nice. How much lower do they sit?

WRP says they are 17" from the floorboard. Not sure just how much lower, but judging from this pic you can see they definitely are...
cc2a31f5ce10d296677cb6e9c016f363.jpg

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Hobbes

are you going to boost your new cat? if so what turbo? I sold my boosted cat, and went with a Trygstad 872,T3-174. it's fun to ride and started on the 1st pull all winter long, even when it was 5 below zero, My boosted cat always took 3-5 pulls.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I've had boss and wrp seats on my proclimbs. Really can't go wrong with either. Both about a inch lower than stock and way more comfy. I did like the boss had a little storage pouch.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
are you going to boost your new cat? if so what turbo? I sold my boosted cat, and went with a Trygstad 872,T3-174. it's fun to ride and started on the 1st pull all winter long, even when it was 5 below zero, My boosted cat always took 3-5 pulls.

No boost this year.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Coming off last season on a MPI boosted 850, I'll have to boost my 18' cat. The MPI cat kit is running very good. I loved my doo kit, so my cat will get it.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Coming off last season on a MPI boosted 850, I'll have to boost my 18' cat. The MPI cat kit is running very good. I loved my doo kit, so my cat will get it.

Keep us updated on how that works out for you. My plan for now is to just run this sled fairly stock with a few tweaks. My riding crew has a habit of trying to find the ugliest, nastiest creek bottom available and laugh hysterically at whoever wrecks their sled. I've been riding turbos for the last 10 years, just time for a break. I've found that no matter how great your turbo is running it always takes more effort to ride it in situations like we're in. It's easier to grab a handful of stock power and be able to control where the sled is going than trying to feather the turbo into the right track speed for the occasion. Or better yet, it's easier on the sled to bash into a tree at stock speed than mach chicken turbo speed... as for the creek that looks a little too deep to get back out of with stock power, I think I've got a solution for that. More to come.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Keep us updated on how that works out for you. My plan for now is to just run this sled fairly stock with a few tweaks. My riding crew has a habit of trying to find the ugliest, nastiest creek bottom available and laugh hysterically at whoever wrecks their sled. I've been riding turbos for the last 10 years, just time for a break. I've found that no matter how great your turbo is running it always takes more effort to ride it in situations like we're in. It's easier to grab a handful of stock power and be able to control where the sled is going than trying to feather the turbo into the right track speed for the occasion. Or better yet, it's easier on the sled to bash into a tree at stock speed than mach chicken turbo speed... as for the creek that looks a little too deep to get back out of with stock power, I think I've got a solution for that. More to come.
You gonna do the Nnnaaahhss. In my best Fast and Furious voice. Ha

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN

Nice to see a totally honest post about HP.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nice to see a totally honest post about HP.

Don't get me wrong, when the snow is fresh and it's 3' deep I'm going to really miss that horsepower. And it's a hell of a lot of fun to pull a steep slope with ease too. But for what and how we ride 90% of the time now, a well tuned stocker with a 50 hp shot of nitrous when things get really tough sounds about right to me. Time will tell.

Premium Features