• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain Cat vs Snopro

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
So has anyone or any dealer who has a mountain cat figured out what the differences are yet? Is it just shocks and lights? Or did the MC get so lightweight goodies the snopro wont be getting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The early release MC will NOT get all of the lightweight goodies.
Not sure about November's MC?

snowmow

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
Differences

Got back from the dealer show this afternoon. I am impressed with the fit and finish of the new panels/refinements cat has done. I do love the look of the Mountain Cat, I asked cat to make a orange/black model and was told NO. I am disappointed in the lack of color options. The Sno-Pros and mountain cat's (Non ES) will have the aluminum track shaft,fuel tank/seat assembly's) The early build sleds will not have these two things. The only difference is the LED headlight/fox QS3 shocks.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
In-season price difference next year is 1,100 bucks. The MC even has the little pinner stock bumper on it (although I'm sure that will change, AC seems notorious for screwing up things like that).

So why am I supposed to buy a mountain cat over a snopro again? It really is just shocks at this point. Oh right, and the adjustable riser that somehow keeps making it into spring release announcements on sleds it has no business on. :rofl:

Actually I have no idea what they're even selling other than a new motor. I don't think they do either.

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
Plus there is not one incentive to make snow check even worth doing. I'll wait until December to make up my mind when the rebates start coming out already. At least with the 17 I got a free suit and tunnel pack!

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
$800 here for sno check. I figure shock upgrade to be worth more than $500. Seeing as a pair of qs3 are about $600 more than float 3. 4 shocks would be more like $1200 more. Even though Im sure cats qs3 are cheaper build than what fox sells internally. Then add in the led. Seems like a pretty good price point for the MC over the snopro

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Wait which sled is getting the adjustable post? That will suck if the mc has that. Thing is a wobbling piece of crap. I have a spare fixed post lying around, so thats good.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
In-season price difference next year is 1,100 bucks. The MC even has the little pinner stock bumper on it (although I'm sure that will change, AC seems notorious for screwing up things like that).

So why am I supposed to buy a mountain cat over a snopro again? It really is just shocks at this point. Oh right, and the adjustable riser that somehow keeps making it into spring release announcements on sleds it has no business on. :rofl:

Actually I have no idea what they're even selling other than a new motor. I don't think they do either.
$1,100 is for the snopro with a 2.6 claw, add the 3in claw for $300 and its $800 difference.

snowmow

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
REMEMBER the sleds being delivered now are early build sleds, the real fall production units are always different

I am snowchecking a fall production MC 153

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
800 bucks different msrp to msrp with the sno pro being a 3" model. The 2.6 is 300 less. CO 2.0 is right. Looks like the only difference is the shocks and the LED headlight. If the MC has an adjustable post I'm definitely going sno pro. The real question is really more about which color you want black and green or black white and orange. It will be easier to get rid of all the orange on the sno pro than trying to get rid of the green on the MC. Either way not much of a big deal. But if you're looking to buy it and ride it 100 stock then 800 bucks more for a premium shock package is a steal. A set of Raptors or Exits all the way around will easily cost double that.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
What about the base M8? Does it get the lightweight tank and shafts?

Part of me thinks that is a legit option, especially if you wanna throw the 3.2 Challenger on?

Plus, the coil over shocks might be nice as well?

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
800 bucks different msrp to msrp with the sno pro being a 3" model. The 2.6 is 300 less. CO 2.0 is right. Looks like the only difference is the shocks and the LED headlight. If the MC has an adjustable post I'm definitely going sno pro. The real question is really more about which color you want black and green or black white and orange. It will be easier to get rid of all the orange on the sno pro than trying to get rid of the green on the MC. Either way not much of a big deal. But if you're looking to buy it and ride it 100 stock then 800 bucks more for a premium shock package is a steal. A set of Raptors or Exits all the way around will easily cost double that.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

So how crazy are you going with your build? Excited to see the outcome!

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Wait which sled is getting the adjustable post? That will suck if the mc has that. Thing is a wobbling piece of crap. I have a spare fixed post lying around, so thats good.

pretty sure only the high country has that. They just have the wrong picture on the website.. All M sleds have the fixed post.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
What about the base M8? Does it get the lightweight tank and shafts?

Part of me thinks that is a legit option, especially if you wanna throw the 3.2 Challenger on?

Plus, the coil over shocks might be nice as well?

Pretty certain I read in another post the base model will not have any of the light weight parts, two shafts and tank/seat. I'm sure the brake assembly will be the same.

I've heard the changes AC made to the base float 3s are working great. Guys with ER sleds are pretty happy other then filling the ski shocks.

I'm sure the MC will come with a fixed post. But I agree the website is a train wreck.

Google bag is listed as standard on the MC. Didn't look at the sno pro.

If the MC shocks work as well as advertised, then the price point difference is worth it.

I just don't know about the overall price of new sleds....getting damn spendy!

Plus when you're asking someone to fork out $14K some different color options would be nice. Especially on snowchecks, you know exactly what you have to build. I honestly believe the lack of options is directly attributed to all the sleds they have to build for Yamaha.

I'm on the fence and most-likely will not snowcheck!!!!

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Just an FYI, don't be too optimistic on Country Cat having a bunch of holdovers next year like years past. I was told they ordered somewhere around 150 sleds last year, and are only ordering 46 this year. They are tired of taking a loss on so many sleds. They get no better pricing than any other Cat dealer. Cat lost like 62 dealers this year. Hope that's a wake up call for them, and they produce less sleds themselves. That will keep dealers around and in business, instead of ramming inventory down the dealers throats.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
I was ready to snow check but like chewy said I will most likely not. Reason being is I have know idea what I'm getting with the snow check? What is the benefit? Used to be you got something whether it was a discounted price or options with a snow check. Now nothing but an ugly tunneled sled which is the same as the floor models next fall. Pretty sad pretty sad

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
Just an FYI, don't be too optimistic on Country Cat having a bunch of holdovers next year like years past. I was told they ordered somewhere around 150 sleds last year, and are only ordering 46 this year. They are tired of taking a loss on so many sleds. They get no better pricing than any other Cat dealer. Cat lost like 62 dealers this year. Hope that's a wake up call for them, and they produce less sleds themselves. That will keep dealers around and in business, instead of ramming inventory down the dealers throats.

Every manufacturer needs to stop shoving sleds down their throats. Its absolutely killing the market on used sleds which makes people just hang onto them longer and not purchase new. To sell a 1 year old sled you have to take a $3-4,000 hit, that's just stupid.

Premium Features