• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 Dragons, where are all negative threads

Throttle-Up

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lethbridge Alberta
www.leekseeker.com
well, You won't find a negative comment from me. I rode my new 08 800 163 today for the first time and I am completely impressed! Very responsive, suspension is bang on, throttle response is incredible and I love the looks. The ergonomics are fantastic and after riding it for 41 miles, I am still on the original belt!!! (lol)

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007
sounds like the midwesterners are going to have to wait until january to get them. seems like something worth *****ing about

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
as the worm turns........1st don't think there are ALL that many that have their 08 8 hundies yet. i really don't expect lots of beotch threads. 05 and 06 they dropped some under devoloped sleds....i think poo knows they have to do it the right way from here on out. it has been interesting to me that doo seems to continually repeat the same problems model after model. for all the trash talked about the 05,06's they have without question got their she-ite squared away. seemed like there were a lot of predictions regarding belt eating last spring when guys saw the secondary over primary setup.

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
you said westerners be awaiting. budy got his 08 dragon 800 163 last week. we live in northern alberta

C
Nov 26, 2007
Should it really come as a big surprise that the 08 Dragons are a smash hit thus far. Last years 700 was responsible for ear to ear grins across many snow covered mountains, and even though the 800 engine is new this season, it is still a four injector small block design that is in many ways similar to last years 700.

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
pretty hard to bash something thats just showing up! here 1 bash for ya, winters going to be half over before ya get it. lol.

P
Nov 27, 2007
great machine!

I have almost 100 miles on my 800 163 nothing jumps out as A problem I am in Kelowna BC. Canada. it's A excellent sled.

and I have no doubt that everyone will be very happy when they receive them it's all it's been hyped up to be!

I rode an 06 900 last year with the full slp package on it and the 08 800 is not very far behind on the lake so I'm sure it will be ahead on the hills

G
Oct 16, 2001
Maple Valley, WA
well where are they??? ski-doo has one after another, they sound like the old RMK 900s, but everyone seems to be happy with polaris this year! should I trade in my M7 for one?

Hey Graveler, just rode mine yesterday.......just a road ride...but what a kick arse machine!!! ergos are perfect for me..i'm very impressed to say the least with the power...i've rode my buddies M7, and the D8 flat out pulls like nothing i've rode before!!! only put on 40 miles, sooooo...can't wait till the motor loosens up a little!!! If you get a chance to ride one, don't pass it up, you'll be at the dealer throwing down some green backs!!!:)

D
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, WA
Very Cool someone else saw this as well. I was waiting to hear all the press on these two sleds to see who would experience the most problems. Soley from the negaitve threads and things said, the XP is obviously having some issues. As for the 800 Dragon it is nice when you wait for something so long and have it be worth the wait...I bet anyone that switched from Doo to Poo this year is a very happy camper.... Let it snow....

G
Oct 16, 2001
Maple Valley, WA
Very Cool someone else saw this as well. I was waiting to hear all the press on these two sleds to see who would experience the most problems. Soley from the negaitve threads and things said, the XP is obviously having some issues. As for the 800 Dragon it is nice when you wait for something so long and have it be worth the wait...I bet anyone that switched from Doo to Poo this year is a very happy camper.... Let it snow....

Hey Stewy........wait until you ride the new D8.......I'm still in awe on how this thing pulls from dead idle to taped!!!! put 40 miles of road riding yesterday and I don't thing i'm going to change anything unless John at Pierre's tells me the SLP is Way better than stock!!! I'm coming off a twin piped 02 snowcheck 800 that flat out runs perfect and I think the new D8 will hand its A$$ to it!!!! Plus my ears are not ringing.......LOL:face-icon-small-ton

G
Oct 16, 2001
Maple Valley, WA
Jeez, this is great to hear. I just can't wait to get on this new D8 and eat some revs.....

I don't really like brand bashing,,,,,,But.........the Rev better be one good running sled or it's going to be a long season and funny as he!! on this forum to hear the bashing!!!! When you get a chance to ride yours, you will not believe its a stock 8hundy!!!! It honestly feels like my younger brothers old 825 mod he use to have!:face-icon-small-hap

D
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, WA
I'm not into brand bashing either, I only gun for the models that actually have a chance. If I said the M8 better watch out, that would just be obviously stupid....hahaha.... anyways I'm getting beyond anxious to go hit the hills with this stock monster..... I wonder how it will do against a M-1000 ? Stock to Stock...

G
Oct 16, 2001
Maple Valley, WA
I'm not into brand bashing either, I only gun for the models that actually have a chance. If I said the M8 better watch out, that would just be obviously stupid....hahaha.... anyways I'm getting beyond anxious to go hit the hills with this stock monster..... I wonder how it will do against a M-1000 ? Stock to Stock...

I may get a chance to run against a stock m1000 this year! my buddy's cousin has one and we see him all the time! so, i will have to run him and even trade sleds to get an honest run!!! Although we need about 5 more feet of snow to do any kind of challenge besides road running.....

M
Nov 27, 2007
Yaak, MT
I picked mine up on friday and rode 40 miles on it yesterday, was very impressed with it. It was hard to wait so long for it, but im glad it came so late, if it had came sooner I would have been tempted to take it out, then most likely would have busted something on a stump.

Premium Features