• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fork Spring Rates

T
Aug 12, 2008
Misery Bay, MI
Anyone come up with a spring rate chart yet? Or at least a starting point for how many sizes over your recommended summer spring rate? I don't think its going to be a one size fits all deal more based on rider weight and bike weight. Right now I'm 2 sizes(.52 rider weight 250) over my enduro spring rate and its not enough in my opinion. Maybe we can see what's working to help each other out. That being said I also ordered a set of OC forks to spring and valve just for winter.

NorWest Suspension

Lifetime Membership
Anyone come up with a spring rate chart yet? Or at least a starting point for how many sizes over your recommended summer spring rate? I don't think its going to be a one size fits all deal more based on rider weight and bike weight. Right now I'm 2 sizes(.52 rider weight 250) over my enduro spring rate and its not enough in my opinion. Maybe we can see what's working to help each other out. That being said I also ordered a set of OC forks to spring and valve just for winter.
With your rider weight I would suggest .59 as a minimum. What year and model do you have?

Terry

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
i'm about 210lbs plus gear on 501 Berg and i'm running 60kg/mm. I wouldn't go any lighter. I've got the compression cranked to max too.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
I am going to try .54 in OC wp forks with SX valving and max oil height on my SX300. Probably 5wt initially but may go thicker. I am around 220# rider weight. I rode .44 in CC WP fork last year with Offroad race valving (not xcw but not sx) and it worked better than any other bikes in my group. Hopefully this will work well with my 131" track and Iceage +3" relocation sidepanels!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
the increase oil height helps cheat them out quick a bit with softer springs.

not the MOST practical for dirt but in the snow we just need them to stay upright even if they are a little harsh the gains far outweight the cons.

Premium Features