• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Get out of the way guys!!

L
Oct 13, 2012
Slug

People also brag as a facade. Often they feel like they are worse than someone but don’t want to admit it so they lie.

Starting to sound like you got your azz kicked by a Snowbiker.

Yrocmoto

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2014
Utah
I also am not so sure I like the lack of talent to get the bike around compared to the sled. I was a skier when snowboards came out. We had experts on boards in less than a season. that doesn't happen on ski's. I hear lots of testimony as to how anybody can do it, yet sleds are a much bigger challenge for them. how is the "easy way" possibly the more rewarding?

Different strokes for different folks

Go get some skiis and skins if you are looking for something harder and more rewarding???? Also, snowboards are easier because it's the right tool for the job, you can always make everything harder.....I don't follow your logic.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Yawn, let me know when your in Revy and u can pick the line through the trees. Then u are buying dinner ! I just dont get why u are in this forum ? What purpose does it serve ? Ooh big bad Polaris rider can beat a 60hp bike in the wide open area. Can u explain why your here ? No one really cares except you.

T

torkd

Oct 9, 2013
Alberta, Canada
It's good that timberslug is such an amazing rider. I get really sick of always digging my buddies out when they get stuck on a steep sidehill that no other sleds can park on to help. I get sick of being the snowmobile hillside rescue.

Hahaha I thought I was the only one that ran into this constantly. My snowmobile buddies call me the "sweeper" because I always dart around pulling the buggers out of tricky situations. I'm sending them my chiropractor bills.

L
Oct 13, 2012
Originally Posted by CO Powder View Post
I also am not so sure I like the lack of talent to get the bike around compared to the sled. I was a skier when snowboards came out. We had experts on boards in less than a season. that doesn't happen on ski's. I hear lots of testimony as to how anybody can do it, yet sleds are a much bigger challenge for them. how is the "easy way" possibly the more rewarding?

Different strokes for different folks

Now days the Skis are shaped and extremely super fat,its almost to easy to ski now.Kinda like when Boards showed up.Wave to the crowd ,hand in the pocket.
I knew guys that couldn’t ski at all ,jumped on a Plank and Bingo!they’re Gods,it was quite funny.

Nothing like a boarder heel scraping the crap out of a nice line.

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Know some of you guys grew up both, but for a bike first guy, snowbiles are most retardedly designed things around.

If talent equals climbing around like a monkey on a couch with a track, count me out, i'll take the right tool for the job.

J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
This is probably one of the dumbest threads I've seen in a while. Bikes vs sleds, ski's n snowboards. Why don't you guys get it over with and see who has the smallest penis. My bet would be on the guys who've posted the most!!!!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
give me 165 hp on a snowbike and id do laps around a sled.

Sorry , but I just can not let this one fly . I just so happen to have one of those kind of naturally aspirated one ski machines that was made by one of the original bike kit manufacture's .

It's nice to see new technology but to be honest a particular bike kit could be blamed for the lack of progress of a machine built from the ground up . Think about it ? All the work and money putting a freight sledding suspension on a machine that has mastered the true meaning of a plush kick *** suspension of a moto cross bike . It's only common sense why people that see it ask , Why ?

I'm looking at it from a view that so few see , sleds are still to this day exhausting to ride and the bike kits are like the neandrathal version of the one ski .

Majority rules , so for now I just watch you guys friviously threw your money into your machines .

Last edited:

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT
Sorry , but I just can not let this one fly . I just so happen to have one of those kind of naturally aspirated one ski machines that was made by one of the original bike kit manufacture's .

It's nice to see new technology but to be honest a particular bike kit could be blamed for the lack of progress of a machine built from the ground up . Think about it ? All the work and money putting a freight sledding suspension on a machine that has mastered the true meaning of a plush kick *** suspension of a moto cross bike . It's only common sense why people that see it ask , Why ?

I'm looking at it from a view that so few see , sleds are still to this day exhausting to ride and the bike kits are like the neandrathal version of the one ski .

Majority rules , so for now I just watch you guys friviously threw your money into your machines .

you are right hawkster, a nicely modded hawk is sick! I'm just too much of a wimpy little weakling to ride one, I can admit that!

J

JimBridger

Mar 11, 2013
SE Idaho
Eh. It's all about the terrain you want to ride, and how you want to ride it. One of the funnest things to do on a snowbike imo, is carve down a nice, steep, powder filled mountain.

I still think it's funny guys try to compare a sled to a bike, because it's not even the same sport. The troll OP's original "get out of the way" comment just makes him sound like an egocentric prick. Everybody needs to watch out for each other if we want to be safe out on the mountain.

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.

You got to be kidding??? I took a short ride on a Hawk my friend had bought, thinking he could ride it where we go on the "neandrathal" snowbikes. That thing was so uncontrollable, its a joke! Noone in our group could stay on top of it! I feel bad for him that he spent money on that thing and hasnt found another sucker to buy it. No way could it follow us!

Last edited:

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT
Ill buy it!! I feel bad for anyone that cant ride one... No offense dirtrebel...

no offense taken, as I insulted myself to begin with, to me riding it includes picking it up, as a friend of mine said years ago if u can't pick it up at the parking lot u shouldnt ride it! I loved riding my 503, but I could not lift it out of its deep trench by myself when I would stick it. I bet timberslug can pick his snowmobile up with one hand!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Back up the wagon train boys , I'll have to agree about the the learning curve , got my arse kicked because there was no one to tell me the dos and don'ts . But to insult a machine built from the ground up and for the season is pretty short sided . If I lived where some of you guys live I would probably have a bike kit also , something no less than a 570 , I gotta have the speed and reliability .

Here's one for you , my better half is 5'4" buck twenty five and rides a slightly modified 503 and I believe her fanner is out horsing your liquids :face-icon-small-hap I'm one lucky SOB to have such a riding partner . She can't pick it up on the hard pack either nor a bike kit or even a sled . I'll be 50 this year and I'm just getting started .

This one's for PalousePoo http://youtu.be/1g1Gf3FzRP4

Last edited:
T

timberslug

Banned
Jan 6, 2015
give me 165 hp on a snowbike and id do laps around a sled.

My point exactly, you will never get 160 hp from a single cylinder 4 stroke. Its like me saying "give me a sled with 400 hp, I'll do laps around a jet boat." :face-icon-small-hap

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
My point exactly, you will never get 160 hp from a single cylinder 4 stroke. Its like me saying "give me a sled with 400 hp, I'll do laps around a jet boat." :face-icon-small-hap

Ever heard of a 400 hp Apex? Guess it depends on the jet boat. And you don't need 160 hp on a snow bike. 100 hp is plenty.

T

timberslug

Banned
Jan 6, 2015
Hey Kids.....Im back....bet you all missed me didn't ya. Had to head up to do some rippin for a few days. Now, where did we leave off at? Ohh yes, now I remember....someone was saying I was twelve years old and one of you was saying something about easier to ride a TS! no skill required. Well..I can answer both of those in one sentence. Im not 12 years old, I'm 50 years old and as for sledding requiring more skill. Well...your right there and that's the whole point guys. You guys that are TS'in just put down the video game controller because your daddy told you to get new hobby or get out of the house (fact, the average age for kids to move out of the house is now 26). I wont totally give up on the ts concept though, I might take it up when I'm 70.

Premium Features