• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best boots

I put my new (2014) Stompers in 4" of water and no problem. Raised the water to 5 1/2", with the laces removed, and they leaked. Right boot worse than left. Pictures after stepping into boot for about 20 seconds at 30 minutes and again at 60 minutes.

Here is the reply from your warranty dept.:

"I am really sorry to hear about the boots. I am a little confused because all of the boots are tested when they leave the factory so it is very rare to have a new set leak. The water line on the boots is probably around 3-4" up the boot. So they may have just been too deep. What can happen if they are too close to the line is the laces and some of the other materials actually wic that water up and in. They should definitely stay completely dry with water just above the toe box though."

I like your boots. I wore my 2013's all last season even though they didn't always keep my feet dry -they were still more comfortable than my other boots. And your customer service has been good to work with -got my warranty replacement boots last week. But, they seem to have issues with waterproofing.

I may have misunderstood Jake's reply (SEEMS clear to me) but I certainly know that the boots leak somewhere above the 4" mark. How long do they need to keep water out for you to consider them "waterproof"?

MotorFist Test (2).JPG MotorFist 30min.JPG MotorFist 60min.JPG

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
I put my new (2014) Stompers in 4" of water and no problem. Raised the water to 5 1/2", with the laces removed, and they leaked. Right boot worse than left. Pictures after stepping into boot for about 20 seconds at 30 minutes and again at 60 minutes.

Here is the reply from your warranty dept.:

"I am really sorry to hear about the boots. I am a little confused because all of the boots are tested when they leave the factory so it is very rare to have a new set leak. The water line on the boots is probably around 3-4" up the boot. So they may have just been too deep. What can happen if they are too close to the line is the laces and some of the other materials actually wic that water up and in. They should definitely stay completely dry with water just above the toe box though."

I like your boots. I wore my 2013's all last season even though they didn't always keep my feet dry -they were still more comfortable than my other boots. And your customer service has been good to work with -got my warranty replacement boots last week. But, they seem to have issues with waterproofing.

I may have misunderstood Jake's reply (SEEMS clear to me) but I certainly know that the boots leak somewhere above the 4" mark. How long do they need to keep water out for you to consider them "waterproof"?

China quality!! Problem is everything under the $250 mark is made overseas anymore. I went cheap last year and bought a set of Irish Setter Elk Trackesr with 600 grams of Thinsulate for $150 they held up pretty good and my feet never got wet but they are also made overseas and I doubt they will hold the water out for long.

MotorFist

Lifetime Membership
Mar 11, 2012
Motorfist headquarters
www.motorfist.com
Upon further review……

it is about the 4" mark. Basically when you look into the boot the white fabric with the "eVent" logo on it is the line to where it is waterproof. I thought it was higher then that. My bad. Once above the eVent fabric mark is where water can get in.

Anything below the water eVent fabric mark should be waterproof standing in water for quiet sometime. Hours in some cases.

I will never doubt jake again!

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Wow that's disappointing.

Can't believe how bad mine look after one trip to revy. They maybe have one more trip left in them till they will be in the garbage. Too bad, they really looked like the answer.

MFGUY, 222 people have read this. What say you?

MotorFist

Lifetime Membership
Mar 11, 2012
Motorfist headquarters
www.motorfist.com
I think pm some pics. Or email the pics. If they don't work we will get you your money back.

The buckles are buckles. For better or worse. I personally don't like buckles or anything sticking out on any of my gear. Just personal preference.

Maybe the Stomper boot is a better way to go for a snowbike. No buckles on that baby.

Just send me a an email with what you got portgrinder. Skunkworks@motorfist.com

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I've been a big Klim boot guy for years ! At least until I started riding a CR500 ! Shredded my beloved Radiums in two kicks lol. A friend told me he used a set of Dakota Waterproof Workboots. Looked into them and settled on these:

http://www.marks.com/shop/en/marks-marksdefaultsalescatalog/workwear/mens-8-work-boots/prairie-stcp-workboot-29745

In the deep powder they have been warm, waterproof and they don't look like junk after kicking the bike for the last three days as did my Klims.

One thing to think about which I didn't was a steel toe/shank. My friend said he broke 3 toes from hitting a stump with a non steel toe boot. Wise words ! :face-icon-small-ton

T

torkd

Oct 9, 2013
Alberta, Canada
My new Klim adrenalines after 2 rides have a hole in the side. I think it's from catching on my peg when I kick start. I have to find a shoe repair shop to add some armor I think.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
My new Klim adrenalines after 2 rides have a hole in the side. I think it's from catching on my peg when I kick start. I have to find a shoe repair shop to add some armor I think.

It's probably not the peg but the hex bolt on the side of the tunnel, I always replace that bolt with a round head allen bolt. By buddy ripped the entire side out of his new klim boots on that bolt while kick starting.

T

torkd

Oct 9, 2013
Alberta, Canada
It's probably not the peg but the hex bolt on the side of the tunnel, I always replace that bolt with a round head allen bolt. By buddy ripped the entire side out of his new klim boots on that bolt while kick starting.

I will Look into that, thank you.

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
Upon further review……

it is about the 4" mark. Basically when you look into the boot the white fabric with the "eVent" logo on it is the line to where it is waterproof. I thought it was higher then that. My bad. Once above the eVent fabric mark is where water can get in.

Anything below the water eVent fabric mark should be waterproof standing in water for quiet sometime. Hours in some cases.

I will never doubt jake again!

4"? that's it? might as well not even bother! I use my motocross boots with KLIM gore tex socks. I'm thinking an ATV sole boot though.. Seems like I tear the hell out of whatever boot I've bought, even the top dollar ones, so I've been riding Moose boots, as they are really comfortable and not too expensive. I'm still in search of a good waterproof, long lasting boot though

M1_2_BLACK_ATV_BOOTS_4.jpg

B

barefooter

Nov 27, 2007
Sherwood Park, AB
Anyone have any other thoughts on boots. I have 2 sets of Klims for sledding, but I think I would like something in a MX style for snowbiking. Does anyone make a goretex MX boot. Would like to have a little more protection than a sled boot for running the trees in the snow, when you don't have a snowmobile bulkhead in front of you.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I have not had any issues with a snowboard boot for snowbiking or snowmobiling.... You can find last years models super cheap, they are warm and I can shift just fine.... I look for the ones with a shoe like sole.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Anyone have any other thoughts on boots. I have 2 sets of Klims for sledding, but I think I would like something in a MX style for snowbiking. Does anyone make a goretex MX boot. Would like to have a little more protection than a sled boot for running the trees in the snow, when you don't have a snowmobile bulkhead in front of you.

I had two surgeries and $20K from wearing a popular brand "snow boot". You will catch a log or rock in 3rd gear at some time. It's just a matter of when....
I have also been looking for something protective and waterproof. Having them one size big and wear good wool socks. Expensive , but super nice. The soles will last also. My soles break down standing on foot pegs all winter. A snow boot doesn't have a stiff sole or shank inside. There are several "adventure" boots like these. This pair had the best reviews.

http://www.atomic-moto.com/Alpinestars-Toucan-Gore-Tex-Boots_p_1062.html

Here's another that looks super nice and a little less expensive. Watch the video review. 100% water proof

http://www.atomic-moto.com/Forma-Adventure-Boots_p_788.html

Last edited:
U
Sep 12, 2010
I had two surgeries and $20K from wearing a popular brand "snow boot". You will catch a log or rock in 3rd gear at some time. It's just a matter of when....
I have also been looking for something protective and waterproof. Having them one size big and wear good wool socks. Expensive , but super nice. The soles will last also. My soles break down standing on foot pegs all winter. A snow boot doesn't have a stiff sole or shank inside. There are several "adventure" boots like these. This pair had the best reviews.

http://www.atomic-moto.com/Alpinestars-Toucan-Gore-Tex-Boots_p_1062.html

Here's another that looks super nice and a little less expensive. Watch the video review. 100% water proof

http://www.atomic-moto.com/Forma-Adventure-Boots_p_788.html

With Motocross Boots on, do you think you would have escaped injury? Did you have the pegs under your toes or mid-foot?

I wear motocross gear and keep my toes on the pegs and hit a lot of solid stuff with my feet. So far they've been pushed back and up but I sure worry about it. I hope to avoid foot injuries........

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
If I had a Moto boot I would have been fine. No, I didn't have a foot pointing down and between the peg. That is a common one though! I caught the end of a log just above the ankle while WOT in 3rd gear. Exploded my shin and calf. A good moto boot would have left me black and blue perhaps, but much better.

Premium Features