• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new Boondocker vs new silber

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
Hey guys just curious if anyone has compared the sleds at all i rode the new boondocker and low end power was awesome it had no blubber or bog anymore like it was to rich, i am planning on going silber because he is awesome to deal with but just wanna make sure the sled runs as goon on low end i dont like when they blubber and gotta rev up to clean them out.

Thanks for help

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
What did you ever find wrong with your BD kit? Was it the wire rubbing the intercooler?

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
I have a BD kit on a 2012 here in Northern Utah. Happy to meet up with any Silber guys in the area to see how they stack up???

I had my BD kit out for the first time yesterday. It was incredible! No problems at all. I didn't need to touch a thing all day and it was spot on. Great low end, no hesitating, no stumbling. Very happy with it!!

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
I think they are both comparable in short bursts. But once we get some real snow and make the long full throttle pulls on the steep and deep is where I think the silber will shine with a true cold air intake. Time will tell

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
I think they are both comparable in short bursts. But once we get some real snow and make the long full throttle pulls on the steep and deep is where I think the silber will shine with a true cold air intake. Time will tell

I agree

P

portaboy

Feb 18, 2009
friscospices
a friend and i have just picked up our two pros and got to talking and after several cans of courage decided to order silber kits for them never have had a turbo before and we have always wanted one
i do a lot of reading on here right or wrong but reading your posts you seem to have alot of know how
would you mind pm ing me because we really dont have any experience with these install or tuning
we usually ride in the snowys but are thinking about cooke city
we live in centeral ia
if not thats ok i guess im a little nervous about getting it perfect
my number is 319 560 4512
these things have zero miles

D

Dustin_R

Jan 11, 2010
Washington
I have a BD kit on a 2012 here in Northern Utah. Happy to meet up with any Silber guys in the area to see how they stack up???

I had my BD kit out for the first time yesterday. It was incredible! No problems at all. I didn't need to touch a thing all day and it was spot on. Great low end, no hesitating, no stumbling. Very happy with it!!

Arcteryx, who installed your kit? What elavation are you riding at? The reason I ask is mine was running really well. Then it just went to ****. I ride from 3-6k and have the 2* key in. Running 50/50 @ 9.9lbs.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Silbers kit is making AWESOME power for me!

5000ft 50/50 94/AV 6# of boost pulling 80G weights!!

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
Arcteryx, who installed your kit? What elavation are you riding at? The reason I ask is mine was running really well. Then it just went to ****. I ride from 3-6k and have the 2* key in. Running 50/50 @ 9.9lbs.

I ride 7,500 - 10,500. I have the 3* timing key, intercooler and the new progressive EBC. I mix 50/50 VP 110 and premium. Action Motor Sports did my install. They did two for friends too (same setup) and they are dialed in as well. They haven't had to change anything either. None of us has put on a ton of miles yet though. We need more snow!
Did anything change for you from one ride to the next?? Change fuels, turn the boost up, change numbers?? What do your plugs show?

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah

BD offers a true cold air intake, they just don't push it much. I've been debating putting one on mine. I don't want the snorkel but I like the idea of more cold air. I really would like to pull from the stock air intakes. I know they'd need to be opened up a little more but it would beat cutting my hood.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
BD offers a true cold air intake, they just don't push it much. I've been debating putting one on mine. I don't want the snorkel but I like the idea of more cold air. I really would like to pull from the stock air intakes. I know they'd need to be opened up a little more but it would beat cutting my hood.

Thats what silbers kits do, his draws in cold air from outside the plastics, making his a CAI, and it makes a noticable difference.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Really, 80g weights? I was going to run 12 psi at 6000 feet and thought instructions only said like 78g

youll over rev that puppy, His clutching on his instructions are based of his last years kit, his new kit with new CAI is making a bunch more power.

Last edited:
A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
Thats what silbers kits do, his draws in cold air from outside the plastics, making his a CAI, and it makes a noticable difference.

So now I'm confused. Silber's kits run a snorkel or they tie into the stock air intake?? Both would be considered CAIs but they are different.

BD kits ship standard with the kits pulling air from under the hood but they also offer the option of a snorkel that pulls air from outside the plastics. You cut a hole in the hood to plumb the snorkel. They say that they did a lot of testing measuring the charge temps from all 3 options and based on the results they offer the 2 choices.

Handfullthrottle reviewed the BD CAI performance. Looks like he was able to test both BD and Silber set up.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291505

Last edited:
S

standup06

Dec 3, 2007
minnesota
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heC4Rp54Ya0

Well here is BD sponsered rider Chris Big Air Burandt. Dont you think his sled would be running the best of the best?

You can clearly hear the sled DET a few times and go into limp mode. Also causes him to crash his sled. Luckily he dont pay for anything.

Bottom end sounds alittle rich when he lets the rpm's go down low enough.

But seriously listen to that than det.

Premium Features