• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lacking RPM on 2011 Pro

turbo218

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Kalispell, MT
No issues in the first 850 miles but today in some deep powder under load it would start loosing RPM's, Would tach out good but as you started going up hill or put a good load on the motor it would back all the way down to 7200 to 7400 RPM. No changes from last year, other than clean clutches and fresh non ethanol premium. Bad injector? Any ideas? Stock out of the box set up, nothing fancy done to it.

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
Mine is doing the identical thing. I'm inclined to think it's my belt because it's the original at 950 miles I think. I wonder if my powervalves got gummy over the summer though?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
if the powervalves are clean and functioning, pull the secondary down and see if it lost a bushing, while apart add 2 delrin washers..

also..does it seem to take right off going up hill then bog? if so it may actually be over revving and hitting the limiter(the guage doesnot respond fast enough to see this most of the time..you need to use the memory record to check it...

J
Mar 1, 2009
Puyallup, WA
Mine did the same thing. Pull the power valves off and check the port holes that run down into the cylinders. I cleaned mine with a small drill bit by hand and it seem to do the trick. Other than that, i'd say injectors.

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
sled

If you have premium in make sure you have the premuim RESISTOR in we had some that did not run correct, check for flat spots on clutch rollers also

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Motor mounts are probably bad. The whole motor can shift up to 1/2" on the 2011 motormounts. When this happens under load the belts dont fit and you lose RPMs. Call Dustin at SLP and ask about it, or just pull the pipe, and see if you can move the motor by grabbing the Y-pipe and moving it side to side.

There is an update kit from polaris that will fix this.

P

pokey76

Nov 9, 2009
Prince George B.C.
I have the same thing happening.Just got it back from dealer clutches cleaned , fluids done , Jaws can put on. Started the day at 8200 until I pulled first hill , dropped to 7200 and bogged the rest of the day. Great power until 7200 then bog,changed plugs,belt ,check wiring,no clue to what's causing this.Any suggestion would help. Thanks in advance

B
Jan 21, 2003
Talked to the dealer today he said probably need to have the injectors updated. I also pulled the power valves apart and checked them...they were a little sticky and full of thick black oil running out of them. So I'll see what happens, but sounds like going to have the injectors done.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
I'm wondering if this might be from letting the fuel sit over the summer. Did you use Stabil? Ethanol or Non-Ethanol fuel. Even though you drained all the fuel out of the tank, there is still fuel in the lines, rail, injectors etc.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Talked to the dealer today he said probably need to have the injectors updated. I also pulled the power valves apart and checked them...they were a little sticky and full of thick black oil running out of them. So I'll see what happens, but sounds like going to have the injectors done.

Bet cleaning the power valves will make a big difference....if warranty is changing the injectors so be it. I had an injector problem with my 11 pro, when I would start up a hill it would run hard then act like you would let off the throttle for a few seconds...kind of make your heart skip when you were hitting something steep....then continue pulling again. They checked everything with mine but the only thing that finally eliminated the problem was when they changed the injectors. That does not quite sound like the problem you were having. When I had about 900 miles on mine I had not cleaned the power valves for awhile and I had a problem like yours. Cleaned the power valves up and it ran great again. I will keep my cleaning up often now..

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Motor mounts... Clutching (smooth spider sliding, weights rubbing, rollers)... secodary spring... injector... powervalves ... all said above by others are good places to check.

Try the mounts and clutching first.

Good luck

B
Jan 21, 2003
Bet cleaning the power valves will make a big difference....if warranty is changing the injectors so be it. I had an injector problem with my 11 pro, when I would start up a hill it would run hard then act like you would let off the throttle for a few seconds...kind of make your heart skip when you were hitting something steep....then continue pulling again. They checked everything with mine but the only thing that finally eliminated the problem was when they changed the injectors. That does not quite sound like the problem you were having. When I had about 900 miles on mine I had not cleaned the power valves for awhile and I had a problem like yours. Cleaned the power valves up and it ran great again. I will keep my cleaning up often now..

What did your power valves look like when you took them apart as far as oil and were they noticeably sticky?

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
What did your power valves look like when you took them apart as far as oil and were they noticeably sticky?

They had enough on them that when you took it out they would drip off the valve and ooz down the front of the cylinder and yes they were sticky. Did you check the motor mounts as mountainhorse mentioned? I can see a broken one act like that as well when you get it loaded up on a hill...

B
Jan 21, 2003
They had enough on them that when you took it out they would drip off the valve and ooz down the front of the cylinder and yes they were sticky. Did you check the motor mounts as mountainhorse mentioned? I can see a broken one act like that as well when you get it loaded up on a hill...

Mine were about the same, pulled them out and they were oozing all over. I haven't checked the motor mounts, but have a hard time believing that is the problem seeings how it ran so good last year before it got stored for the summer.

Premium Features