• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat Hood Latches - Help

Could use some help here, bought my first cat after having ski doos for the last 15 yrs. So far I love the 09 M 8 but..... after only mild use the hood latch barbs or whatever you want to call them broke off. Anybody have a fix for this??

C
Nov 8, 2009
Put a small self tapping screw where it broke, leave the head sticking up and hook the straps on it like you did before it broke.

I
Mar 20, 2008
ski doo has some plastic peices that r 5 bucks u just grind off the spot where the old one was and drill a hole i just used a bit a hare too small and threaded it in or u could put a nut on the back

I
Mar 20, 2008
never thought of that i had four from putting the '10 seat on my '09 ill have to look at that for my other sled that still has the originals

C

Cascade Crud

Nov 21, 2008
Sultan WA
Arctic Cat actualy makes a repair kit for this, I had the same problem on my 09. It's just some meatal studs you press in to your hood where the old nubs break off. Available at your local dealer.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
to avoid this from happening, when you put the straps on the barbs on the hood or lift them off, make sure you pull up on the strap. this relieves the tension on the thin spot on the tabs. if you just pull them straight off they will break. ski

I
Mar 20, 2008
to avoid this from happening, when you put the straps on the barbs on the hood or lift them off, make sure you pull up on the strap. this relieves the tension on the thin spot on the tabs. if you just pull them straight off they will break. ski

unless u lightly bump a tree or branch like i did and it pushes the hood back n busts it off

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Could use some help here, bought my first cat after having ski doos for the last 15 yrs. So far I love the 09 M 8 but..... after only mild use the hood latch barbs or whatever you want to call them broke off. Anybody have a fix for this??

Send a PM to Rprecision on here.

I just bought a set of his hood hooks and installed them today

I just used a a pair of side cutters to snip off the nubs, then used a dremel tool with a coarse sanding wheel to flatten it out ... it took all of about 20 minutes to put them on, problem solved.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I added this topic to the "Helpful Links" Lots of great ideas!

John

M

MTnickmck

Mar 11, 2009
Missoula, MT
M7 Hood Hooks

Hey there,

I like the seat stud idea for hood clips. I had some laying around so decided to do a little carving of the remaining plastic stock hood hooks (both of which were conveniently broke off and had sheet metal screws plugged into them for functionality). Next I drilled a 19/64ths hole for the seat studs to pass through the hood. Secured the studs with a washer on the back for stability along with the factory lock nut.

Thing of beauty...or at least a huge step more classy than the sheet metal screws that I had holding the hood down before.

The picture doesn't do the justice but here you go.

DSC04532.jpg

D
Dec 5, 2007
rivets

I just ground off where the old ones broke and drilled a hole and stuck some rivets upside down in the holes.

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
We do some really nice hood tie down kits. Spare set on your sled, aftermarket hood, replacement hooks for the OEM ones, easy hood removal.

$15.00 a set, $5.00 shipping and handling for up to 2 sets, $7.00 S&H for up to 6 sets.

Additional quantity pricing is also possible.

We sell both a Yamaha strap which is the flat strap in most of the pictures and a heavier duty Ski-Doo strap. All hardware is stainless steel and all sets come with the 1 inch fender washers for the hood.

We can also sell just the hooks at $8.00 a set.

We prefer Paypal, but cash also works great too.

Feel free to PM me or email me at XTCRacing@XTCRacing.com

Instructionsstrap.jpg

Polycarb.jpg

xtcracing_revy.jpg

Yami_system_email.jpg

DOO_SYSTEM1.jpg

B

Brett Slagle

Jan 11, 2008
SnowXTC... are you still selling these? I sent you a PM, but no response. Anybody know where else I can get some extra hood tie downs? Thanks

Premium Features