• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 iqr mod 600 to convert to pump gas

W
Nov 26, 2007
I have a 06 600 mod motor and was looking into converting it to pump gas for off trail riding and have no idea what to do. It has 157 pound of compression cold and factory slp race pipes on it. I am at sea level also any help is appreciated thanks

R

rmk_racer

Nov 26, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Those race twins won't work with a pump gas head very well. You'll be good to go with a lower compression head and SLP single pipe. I have done this with both a 685 mod motor and an 800 mod motor. They run great. Talk to Carl's or SLP, or whoever made the mod motor. They can tell you what head you need to run.

S
Those race twins won't work with a pump gas head very well. You'll be good to go with a lower compression head and SLP single pipe. I have done this with both a 685 mod motor and an 800 mod motor. They run great. Talk to Carl's or SLP, or whoever made the mod motor. They can tell you what head you need to run.

why do you say the twins won't work with a low comp head?

Premium Features