• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha Silber turbo

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Hmm. Be interesting to see what some extra timing would do just down low. But not sure if possible in the ecu. Maybe the silber guys could chime in.
Wouldn't it be great if Justin was actually interested in what we are saying and chimed in with suggestions and ideas. Things they are working on to solve the low end bog, high idle, and the other issues. Reassuring the customers that spent good money on a kit that doesn't run right. Yea, that would be great!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

WAsledder

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2018
Cle Elum WA
Justin is working on it. We have two turbo'd cats in my group and my friend is a silber dealer. Justin is giving him a new tune every time we go out. I can assure you they're trying

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
I hope that's right. I cant get any real info from him. Lots of non returned texts and silence. And I'm at 10000 ft and up. Love to see that same commitment to the high altitude guys

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

WAsledder

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2018
Cle Elum WA
It doesn't seem to be an altitude issue. Justin and the boys usually test early season and the only places that have snow are higher elevation. We're obviously riding lower elevation here in Washington and have the bottom end hesitation. It's definitely a bummer because other than the one area in the map the sled absolutely rips. I ride a silber axys and after riding the cat I'm thinking that's going to be my next sled. I'll keep you posted on tunes. I'm sure we'll be riding a new tune this week

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Bov

Where are you guys pulling your boost gauge reference line on a bov setup? I was told to t after the idle air line and 1 goes to gauge 1 goes to bov, but gauge reads negative until about 6500 rpms. I had my gauge reference line hooked to my charge tube prior, and that has a better read, I’m assuming it isn’t a big deal but would just like to see where boost starts out low in the rpm range.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
Where are you guys pulling your boost gauge reference line on a bov setup? I was told to t after the idle air line and 1 goes to gauge 1 goes to bov, but gauge reads negative until about 6500 rpms. I had my gauge reference line hooked to my charge tube prior, and that has a better read, I’m assuming it isn’t a big deal but would just like to see where boost starts out low in the rpm range.

Is it possible that the problem is with the idle air control? If they have a fault in tune that keeps idle valve open under a given rpm, it could cause issues like this when air is passing true idle valve instead of the trottle.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Bov

Is it possible that the problem is with the idle air control? If they have a fault in tune that keeps idle valve open under a given rpm, it could cause issues like this when air is passing true idle valve instead of the trottle.

Not sure. Seems to run like a champ either way, but I like to see a consistent boost psi, so I put it back in the charge tube. I’m running a koso digi gauge so it can read a negative pressure from the idle air valve, I would assume the best boost reads from charge tube and not idle air valve.

idacatman2

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, ID
I’m not sure how my gauge is routed I’ll look next tome I have the hood off but it must be in the air idle because like you I get no boost showing on the gauge till about 6500 rpms but I know it’s building boost under that rpm because when you let out of the throttle you can hear the wastegate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I T’d in on the line that goes from the compressor housing over to the actuator. Reads boost all the way from bottom to top.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Got a buddy that rode West a couple weeks ago. Brand new Alpha with Silber turbo. Was riding with another guy with same setup. I asked him if he noticed a burble or hesitation off idle. He said no. Sled ran spot on the whole trip. He has had several different turbo sleds over the years. I wonder if Cat is running different injectors like they used to in the Suzuki motor. Ran fine stock but flowed just enough different that when they were boosted they had to be tuned different. One map would work perfect and the next sled it would need to be changed.

A
I got a chance to ride the updated tune today. Way better , but still far from the perfection and response of the Poo & Doo tunes. Sounds blubbery on the bottom, but doesn’t really feel like it. Maybe it’s way fat and there’s unburnt fuel in the pipe? At least now It idles right, goes into reverse and starts on the first pull. Closer, but still not right. I hope they keep tuning.

When did you reflash this last tune? Thx.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Those that have a history of running av gas have u noticed decreased throttle response compared to race fuel?…and what about pipe sensor life with lead content?

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Those that have a history of running av gas have u noticed decreased throttle response compared to race fuel?

Not reduced when compared to each other. Would purely depend on how much age/race in your mixture. 116 will be sluggish on a stock motor compared to 100LL and the higher percentage of leaded fuel will eventually have an effect on pipe sensor life. On straight 110 I would burn 1 wide band O2 sensor every year.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
After getting the new tune and getting some real weights mine should be running better.

Premium Features