• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Ascender Platform and 800 Ctec!

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
2018 LED Headlight & Shock Packages

For those 2018 sleds with the Halogen Headlight setup, is it an easy upgrade to LED? Just curious, love the LED lighting, and also really like the early release sled, but it has the halogen setup.

I believe the shock packages can be upgraded w/o an issue. This one does sound cool:

FOX FLOAT QSL Rear Track Shock For 2018 Arctic Cat and FOX build upon the pioneering QS3 shock technology with the allnew FLOAT QSL rear track shock for improved deep-snow performance on mountain sleds. The QSL features 1-2-L compression settings that correspond to light, medium and “locked” calibration. In deep snow conditions, the L-position prevents too much rear-arm squat and exaggerated ski lift, for greater control and performance. The L-position is not fully locked: there’s a blow-off point in the valve to prevent damage to the shock during severe compression. A dial mounted on the remote reservoir can easily and quickly be turned to customize the compression calibration for riding conditions and intensity. It utilizes a remote reservoir for fade-free performance. It comes in a 1.5-in. diameter body. It’s exclusive to Arctic Cat and comes on select M Series machines for 2018.

Also digging this shock package:

FOX FLOAT QS3 Shocks For 2018 the pioneering FOX QS3 shocks are now available on some models in the air-sprung FLOAT package, and feature three compression settings that correspond to light, medium and firm shock calibration. A dial mounted on the remote reservoir can easily and quickly be turned to customize the compression calibration for riding conditions and intensity. They utilize a remote reservoir for fade-free performance, they come in a 1.5-in. diameter body. For 2018 the QS3 shocks have revised end caps that make it easier to access the QS switch.

Thanks!

-Stack

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
The 18 snow check will have a couple more rder friendly options. Nothing major but things that will compliment the early release models.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
2018 body work

I'm really starting to like the grey and green color of this sled.
I didn't like it at first but it's growing on me.
The 2018 M body work looks good.
The side panel and lower belly pan will improve access and ease of removal and reinstall.
I'm sure there will be more color options announced in February but this sled is looking better than when I first saw the pics.

I'm looking forward to seeing one in person and getting a chance to take it for a ride.

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
Hopefully a "kit" available to change our current sleds to the 18' panels like they did with the 16' front end. Not sure if just the engine and panels are worth getting rid of the MC. I know BDX has a kit out, I don't mind having headlights though.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Hopefully a "kit" available to change our current sleds to the 18' panels like they did with the 16' front end. Not sure if just the engine and panels are worth getting rid of the MC. I know BDX has a kit out, I don't mind having headlights though.

Yes. Hopefully they have a kit for the guys that want to update their older sleds.
It looks like the bdx kit uses 2017 body work though.
I'd like to put the 2018 plastic on my 2016. Hopefully they'll have black panels.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Kinda sucks I just bought a new side panel, hood wing, and tank cover for my '14 to change out the week before this stuff was released. I was halfway to having the new panels bought!

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yes. Hopefully they have a kit for the guys that want to update their older sleds.
It looks like the bdx kit uses 2017 body work though.
I'd like to put the 2018 plastic on my 2016. Hopefully they'll have black panels.

You will be able to make yours into a black one next season.

Last edited:
Premium Features