• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dedicated Snowbike or one bike for all year?

Do you swap the tires and track on and off?

• Yes. I use the same bike all year and swap the kit on and off every year.

Votes: 34 44.7%
  • No. I have a dedicated Snowbike and a different summer bike.

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • I only ride in the winter.

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
Agree. When you say blowing up, do you just mean faster ring wear and rebuild intervals or do you mean catastrophic failures? Big difference...

In the NW, so far on my 2moto I pretty much pin it if the bike is running :face-icon-small-hap but of course the TS goes a lot easier. I know I'd blow my husaberg riding like that in no time...

U
Sep 12, 2010
I'm not sure that snow biking is all that easy on motors. My last sled was 160 hp and it spent significant time wfo.....

Motocross doesn't require any significant periods of full throttle time.

S
Nov 2, 2010
My wife wants to know how I ride 2 bikes in both seasons ktm 300 and cr500 wih a 20 shot down its throat. Going to sell my turboed dragon to buy another bike lol oh yah thinking of a kit for my sons crf110 let you know if I get around to it late fall

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
I've been doing this a few years now and I bought a trials bike for the summer and leave my snowbike ready to go for mid October.

Swapping between seasons sucks. I have also personally found Snowbiking to beeeasier on the bike overall than when used on dirt.

powderzone

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2013
Calgary
2 bikes

My snow bike is a 450sx bored to 520, ported / polished head and running with NOS. Running it on the dirt would be like juggling sharp knives. Plus it's a pain to swap out the NOS and track.
I keep the 300XC for the dirt only.

C
Jun 27, 2014
I got to much into mine and just want to leave it set up for the snow. I'm working on another 525sx right now for the summer.lol These 525 are just hogs in the dirt and can't wait to see what it dose in the snow. So with that said I will have two bikes. one for the cold white stuff and one for the brown stuff........

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Cr500 for the winter ktm 300 for the summer... I am lazy to much crap to transfer over... I still like to ride the desert when possible during the winter...

Premium Features